• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Howdy from the new girl!

PistolPackingMomma

Hey y'all.

I've been lurking for several months now, and thought I should say hi. So...hi :)

I'm married to Carsontech, we have a 4 month old son, and we are very passionate about our rights and beliefs. We live in SC, so no open carry, but we do what we can to change that. We do OC when we can whenever we travel and really enjoy it. Not a whole lot of experiences to share, but we've had a taste of Constitutionally protected rights, and are burning for more!

My EDC right now is a Glock 27 and a Ka-bar Warthog II. I can be very passionate and zealous about my beliefs, but I try very hard to be reasonable, logical and open to intelligent discourse. I try to avoid being dragged into off topic rants, as much fun as that can be. I'm here to learn and share what I can with others.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!!! You should definitely check out the South Carolina forum. I know you all are pushing pretty hard for OC. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Dreamer

Welcome! I think it's GREAT that more women are carrying (CC and OC) and I commend you on taking personal responsibility for the safety of your family. SC will have OC soon--within the next few years I imagine. Join your State Gun Rights group and help in any way you can.

Again, welcome, and stay safe!

MilProGuy

My EDC right now is a Glock 27 and a Ka-bar Warthog II. I can be very passionate and zealous about my beliefs, but I try very hard to be reasonable, logical and open to intelligent discourse.

I try to avoid being dragged into off topic rants, as much fun as that can be. I'm here to learn and share what I can with others.

We're glad to have you join us on the forum!

The Glock and Ka-bar Warthog ought to keep the BGs away from you.

If you give online lessons on how to avoid off topic rants, I'd like to sign up for the course. :dude:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Another "Welcome to OCDO" from the peanut gallery.

As has been mentioned already, get involved in the political game because that's how you get your state laws changed so that OC is no longer feared and controlled. I am constantly reminded that hiding the gun has become the desired condition in so many places because it is not about the guns but about the ability to control people. Being able to OC without the need for any kind of "permission slip" reminds the politicians that they need to fear us, not us fearing them.

And don't worry about off-topic rants. There are two places specifically reserved for them, and most times the ones that start elsewhere actually serve to clear the air and bring dolks back into focus. That's the self-moderating part of how OCDO works to make it a great site.

stay safe.

PistolPackingMomma

We're glad to have you join us on the forum!

The Glock and Ka-bar Warthog ought to keep the BGs away from you.

If you give online lessons on how to avoid off topic rants, I'd like to sign up for the course. :dude:

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

haha, I'm not offering any courses at the moment, but I'll share my secret with you anyways. If I'm tempted to get involved with the generally pointless de-railing of a thread; I either disconnect my keyboard or tape my fingers together. Works so far!!!

In all my months of reading(lurking) I have learned a lot, and thanks to this forum, I was able to cite several instances of OC deterring crime to another forum, which is primarily CC favorable.
I'm also becoming familiar with my rights, especially regarding LEO's (before this site, I was the type to roll over and cooperate thoughtlessly.) So kudos and thanks to everyone whom has contributed knowledge and experience!

Redbaron007

Welcome Aboard, PPM!

I lurked for about a year before I came on board. The G26 is my favorite EDC for CCW and the G32 for OC.

PDinDetroit

Another "Welcome to OCDO" from the peanut gallery.

As has been mentioned already, get involved in the political game because that's how you get your state laws changed so that OC is no longer feared and controlled. I am constantly reminded that hiding the gun has become the desired condition in so many places because it is not about the guns but about the ability to control people. Being able to OC without the need for any kind of "permission slip" reminds the politicians that they need to fear us, not us fearing them.

And don't worry about off-topic rants. There are two places specifically reserved for them, and most times the ones that start elsewhere actually serve to clear the air and bring dolks back into focus. That's the self-moderating part of how OCDO works to make it a great site.

stay safe.

+1.

You could be the one person who gets SC to change their mind on OC.

PistolPackingMomma

+1.

You could be the one person who gets SC to change their mind on OC.

Lol, possibly. I think I would need some kind of armor piercing intellectual bullet though...people down here have some pretty thick skulls. I'm part of a local gun forum here in SC, and just recently got into it in a thread about CC versus OC myths. I was pretty much campaigning by myself, and slowly other people started chiming in about Constitutional carry and how our rights are being infringed. Whew! Thought I was beating a dead horse for awhile.