Thread: Open Carry Limit in Wyoming

Open Carry Limit in Wyoming

Hello,

I am 20 years old and was given a springfield 1911 .45 pistol from my brother (whom is 28); it was a gift.

I have done lots of research and from what I've found, I CAN legally open carry the pistol in Wy. However, there seems to be some ambiguity.

Could someone please verify this and present the works cited: I would like to view the sources of this information.

P.S. In article 1, section 24 of the Wyoming State Constitution any resident has the right to bear arms in defense of themselves.

Welcome to OCDO.

You might want to pose your question in the Wtoming section where more folks who know about the laws in that state are likely to see your question and respond to it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

You can't cite what isn't there.
    Wyoming has 0 laws against open carry. If you can legally possess it, you can carry it.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Quote Originally Posted by afpskierx View Post
    Hello,

I am 20 years old and was given a springfield 1911 .45 pistol from my brother (whom is 28); it was a gift.

I have done lots of research and from what I've found, I CAN legally open carry the pistol in Wy. However, there seems to be some ambiguity.

Could someone please verify this and present the works cited: I would like to view the sources of this information.

P.S. In article 1, section 24 of the Wyoming State Constitution any resident has the right to bear arms in defense of themselves.

That's all the 'law' you need.