Thread: Passing through. question

Passing through. question

i and traveling doing some work in CO and WY.
    I live in alabama and have a Concealed carry permit .

looks like NE does not honor alabama permits..

so my question , when i pass thru .. lock it in rear of vehicle unloaded until im in CO or what do you suggest?

thanks for any input you can give..

That works. As long as it is not readily accessible to you or a passenger. I do believe there is a thread a few down that specifically cites the law. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    "Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort."

J.F.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma}{imus View Post
    That works. As long as it is not readily accessible to you or a passenger. I do believe there is a thread a few down that specifically cites the law. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Good luck finding that law.... it doesn't exist.

You can carry openly in Nebraska (except Omaha) without a license. You can carry openly in your vehicle without a license (except Omaha). Why put the gun in the trunk when you can have it on your fron seat or on the dash?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Good luck finding that law.... it doesn't exist.

You can carry openly in Nebraska (except Omaha) without a license. You can carry openly in your vehicle without a license (except Omaha). Why put the gun in the trunk when you can have it on your fron seat or on the dash?
    In support of that see the OCDO maps as providing good simple resources.

http://www.opencarry.org/opencarry.html

http://www.opencarry.org/ne.html

http://www.opencarry.org/travel.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

CO and AL have reciprocity, so no problem here. Even without the AL CCW, car carry--loaded and concealed anywhere in the state, and OC--except Denver County, are completely legal. I believe WY has reciprocity with AL, as well and OC is also fully lawful there.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V