• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man ordered to surrender guns after blogging about religion?

alphamale

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=349713

An Arizona man has filed a federal lawsuit against some of the state's top judges, claiming they're taking away his freedom of speech and right to own firearms, all because someone didn't like what he wrote on his blog.

"You can't suspend someone's constitutional rights [for blogging]," said Mike Palmer, who is bringing forth the legal action. "Everybody in America blogs or Twitters, so it's a First and Second Amendment issue."

The scenario started when Palmer, a 55-year-old Christian missionary from Phoenix, was online discussing "spiritual death" often referred to in the Bible.

But, according to the suit, a woman from Prescott, Ariz., Melody Thomas-Morgan, complained to authorities that Palmer was threatening her with "death," keeping that word in quotes in her legal filings.

Palmer explains, "It is true that the blog, 'That Woman Jezebel,' talks about spiritual life and spiritual death. ... Spiritual 'death' as in 'The wages of sin is death.' (Romans 6:23) ... It is not true that the blog ever mentions the 'death' of Miss Thomas-Morgan."

Judge Kenton Jones

Kenton Jones, superior court judge for Yavapai County, went along with the woman's harassment complaint and ordered Palmer to surrender his guns.

"The order says that I am not allowed to possess firearms or ammunition, and directs me to turn over any weapons to the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office," Palmer told WND.

Read more: Man ordered to surrender guns – just for blogging! http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=349713#ixzz1ZeWEukor

MORE at site link at top of the post

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Whats with you PD, are you applying for a moderator position within OCDO?

If you get it, and the last couple days are any indication as to how you will wield this power, then you will do, in that position, tremendous and irreparable harm to this forum.

As DrTodd already pointed out to you once yesterday, how can you open carry guns without the ability to posses then?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Something does not make sense in the story in the OP.

He's been ordered to surrender his firearms because the judge agreed the woman was harrassed; but, he's been allowed to keep his computer and continue posting to his blog (with his own or another computer)?

Lets say he did say something "harassing" (whatever that word means). What was he doing? E-mailing her quotes from his blog? Meaning, doesn't she have to go to his blog to find out what he's saying?

alphamale

Apparently his problem is with me, as you might notice he pulled this only on threads I made comments in, and right after my posts in a few cases. Not sure why, but never the less take a look and you can see this pattern.

If you get it, and the last couple days are any indication as to how you will wield this power, then you will do, in that position, tremendous and irreparable harm to this forum.

As DrTodd already pointed out to you once yesterday, how can you open carry guns without the ability to posses then?

alphamale

This is a trend actually where local officials think they can manipulate their local compromised judge into a ruling of these kinds knowing the legal system reluctant to reverse a sitting judge, in one recent case a mans gun rights were like this case, terminated because he called the Mayor a turd in public. Keep watching the media outlets that report these kinds of abuses, like wnd.com and you will see a pattern of local officials and local judges pulling this kind of abuse on gun owners knowing it takes years in the legal system to get your gun rights back, if you can. It's a growing trend.

Something does not make sense in the story in the OP.

He's been ordered to surrender his firearms because the judge agreed the woman was harrassed; but, he's been allowed to keep his computer and continue posting to his blog (with his own or another computer)?

Lets say he did say something "harassing" (whatever that word means). What was he doing? E-mailing her quotes from his blog? Meaning, doesn't she have to go to his blog to find out what he's saying?

PDinDetroit

You wouldn't want me as a Mod here and I would not ask for it.

I have the same abilities here as anyone else and will continue to use it to the betterment of OCDO.

PDinDetroit

From what has been posted, I believe that a pants-down ass-spanking is in order for those who wished to take away firearm rights for this person.

I firmly believe that someone should not lose their Fundamental Right to Self-Defense over accusations such as this. We seem to have let the Government take latitude in trading Liberty for Security in such cases.

since9

Campaign Veteran
And now, Judge Jone's anti-Constitutional ruling restricting the man's first amendment rights is spreading like wildfire across 10,000 blogs throughout the nation and the world.

since9

Campaign Veteran
If they cared about 10,000 blogs this wouldnt be an issue, but they simply do not.

Oh, he might not care (apparently he's too far gone in his lordship to care). The rest of us on our planet who understand the Constitution, however, see him as he is.

Actually, I enjoy it when people like him out himself. Speeds up the reform process.