• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roger Phillips (and Gabe Suarez) discuss OC

Aknazer

I'm surprised he didn't ban me sooner, but after my last post I was banned for this reason: "Political activist only troll"

Apparently they don't like it when they are called out for being hypocritical and their own arguements used against them to highlight what is wrong with their arguement. I also like how I'm a "political activist ONLY" even though I showed on multiple occasions just what is wrong with that statement and how the "only" part is nothing more than trying to dismiss those who they disagree with.

ATM

Campaign Veteran
I'm surprised he didn't ban me sooner, but after my last post I was banned for this reason: "Political activist only troll"

Apparently they don't like it when they are called out for being hypocritical and their own arguements used against them to highlight what is wrong with their arguement. I also like how I'm a "political activist ONLY" even though I showed on multiple occasions just what is wrong with that statement and how the "only" part is nothing more than trying to dismiss those who they disagree with.

You were more patient than I could have been in your attempts to engage in reasoned debate.
The constant and repetitive logical fallacies, evasion, cliches and personal hostility you were met with did far more to discredit Phillips' ability to explain or defend a position than if he had more wisely chosen to ignore you completely.

The fan cheering section over there should be embarrassed by the way you were addressed (rather than any of your points) and ultimately dismissed. Rather cult-like IMO.

Last edited:

Aknazer

You were more patient than I could have been in your attempts to engage in reasoned debate.
The constant and repetitive logical fallacies, evasion, cliches and personal hostility you were met with did far more to discredit Phillips' ability to explain or defend a position than if he had more wisely chosen to ignore you completely.

The fan cheering section over there should be embarrassed by the way you were addressed (rather than any of your points) and ultimately dismissed. Rather cult-like IMO.

Thanks. It took a lot to try and not resort to his level every chance given. I really was there to try and figure out just what this data was that showed OC to be as potentially dangerous as he kept implying. If anyone knows of the magical data he spoke of I'm still open to hearing it as it would be wrong to be close-minded to any data.

FTG-05

Pretty much all you need to know about their anti-OC "argument right there.

Thanks for the heads up, WT will be one place I won't bother to sign up on.

Thanks,