• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HIT THIS POLL . . . . Please.

Haz.

I know were not alone in this and it probably happens in the USA as well. I notice time and again, all the Greens and the anties who freaked out over the Shooters Party being an alleged ONE policy party, which is interested in shooters and nothing else, and blasting it for holding the balance of power and allegedly forcing the introduction of target shooting as a sport in schools, have all gone dead silent regarding this story this morning? Not one word, not one comment? Neither in readers comments in papers, or on talk back radio, in fact radio is compleatly silent regarding this issue? Haz.

Story in this mornings paper!

Shooters take aim at power sell-off.

SHOOTERS Party MPs are threatening to block Barry O'Farrell's electricity privatisation plan because it would make a "very lazy Premier even lazier".

The men who hold the balance of power in the upper house said their first instinct was to scupper the sell-off and they would only consider backing it if it could raise $50 billion, workers' jobs were protected and power prices were not affected.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t-power-sell-off/story-e6freuzi-1226158486033

Comments; Nil.

Talk back radio, Silent?

Again, heres the final result in the D.T. of yesterdays poll;

Should teenage students be taught how to shoot?
Yes. 56.19% (4359 votes).

No. 43.81% (3399 votes) Total votes: 7758

4359 For.
3399 Against.

Sorry whining, anties, missed out by 960 votes!

Thank you all who voted Haz.

Badger Johnson

A story similar to the one with the General and the Female interviewer, just for yucks.

We had a 'headhunter' come into the department to try to convince the employees that they should be happy with 'meets expectations' rather than 'exceeds expectations' which a LOT of people were getting. We had a world class hospital, so it makes sense the employees were exceeding and exceptional but the State had run low on money.

I raised my hand and said 'forget the money, the raises, we want our ratings to stay high, we work hard, how do you think the Hospital got their world class rating'. They couldn't do that because the State was being obstinate, giving more money if you were, in fact, exceptional. People don't work for money, just as soldiers don't kill for their commanders, they kill the enemy to save their buddies.

The headhunter wasn't having it. She says, 'meets expectations' is fine.

So I said, 'Ok, next time you prepare a great meal for your husband, have him tell you that it meets expectations. He'll be eating at McDonalds next meal'. Everyone hooted and clapped and whistled and the headhunter turned red. Oh yes she reported me to the head honcho, but he couldn't do anything, though he did bring it up feebly when they tried to fire me 12 weeks before being vested. The BIG boss liked me so that didn't happen, lol.
====
As to the topic, the kind of kids who would get the training are not the kids who go out and commit mayhem, imo.

Haz.

Because I dont any more no one else should either?

The John Laws talk back radio program. John Laws has listeners across Australia and across the world via the internet. He was a former Jackeroo and shooter in his younger days.

Here is just another of the biased and uneducated views spewed by people who have no idea what the Shooters and Fishers Party is about and what its policies are.

John Laws as usual, in answer to an elderly gentleman refering to the Shooters and Fishers Party's intention to re introduce Shooting as a sport into schools, and adding this was a crazy idea! Laws'y couldn't help himself. As well as stating, "It ain't gonna happen," He also said, "Theres a few Crazies in the Shooters and Fishers Party as well!"

And he calls himself an unbiased radio announcer! He used to hunt and shoot and I personally know a politician who regularly hunted with him, who revealed to me that John Laws owned more guns than one could poke a stick at. He no longer hunts or shoots because of old age and other comittments so he seems to have adopted the idea that no one else from now on should either!

Cheers Haz.

DangerClose

And heres the result on another shooters and fishers forum Down Under......

Hit this poll . . . .
Secret government bid for school pistols by: Geoff Chambers and Kate Sikora From: The Daily Telegraph October 04, 2011 12:00AM TEENAGERS would...
Started by Hazard, 6 Hours Ago 09:00am
Replies: 1
Views: 11

ONE VOTE? I'm sick and tired of this, I'm done! Haz.

Just because there's only one reply doesn't mean people reading the thread didn't go vote. I hit the votes on a lot of the polls linked to around here, but I won't necessarily write a reply in the thread.

Haz.

Just because there's only one reply doesn't mean people reading the thread didn't go vote. I hit the votes on a lot of the polls linked to around here, but I won't necessarily write a reply in the thread.

Ye'h, your right mate. I' was getting frustrated seeing the anties gaining ground as they always seem to do down under. Cheers mate, Haz.