Thread: New to OC here in raleigh

New to OC here in raleigh

Hey guys have been lurking here a while and reading various threads trying to learn more about OC and peoples experiences what to do and what not to do, dealing with the cops if that arises etc. I ordered my blackhawk cqc serpa yesterday so hopefully will have it before weekend. I plan to carry in the wal mart down the street first and then maybe lowes since alot of the employees know me. Any advice other than be polite and have some pamphlets on me would be great.

WELCOME!!! Im a fairly new OC'er in NC.. so I cant telll you anything but what I have done.

Dress professional...if you look professional people will think you are a LEO yourself. LOL..

Make sure that you observe all no-weapons signs...

And yeah.. thats all I have beside the STICKY post North Carolina Flyer that you might want to check out...

I have been making sure the last month everywhere I go I look at the door signs and see if they have no handgun signs up. I will probably be with my fiancee and 17 month old daughter while I am as this is maybe less likely to create anxiety amongst people. I also am getting my ccp after thanksgiving but plan to afterwards sometimes. Besides we like going to wal-mart and I figured this would be a good way to getting use to crowds of people and double takes. I am a very clean cut guy I do commercial maintenance and need to be very presentable for my job so I dress fairly nice.
    Last edited by dashowdy; 10-03-2011 at 07:37 PM.

I think my first time in Wal-Mart was the best way to get all of that stuff out of my system.

Especially since walmart is traditionally an OC establishment

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dashowdy View Post
    Hey guys have been lurking here a while and reading various threads trying to learn more about OC and peoples experiences what to do and what not to do, dealing with the cops if that arises etc. I ordered my blackhawk cqc serpa yesterday so hopefully will have it before weekend. I plan to carry in the wal mart down the street first and then maybe lowes since alot of the employees know me. Any advice other than be polite and have some pamphlets on me would be great.
    Welcome to OCDO!

There is great peace of mind in carrying a digital recorder always turned on when you are out and about. It removes the "he said, she said" element from the equation.

It is my understanding that NC is a "one party consent" state.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

howdy DASH, my advise would be to 1. be confident in what you are doing, if you act guilty then people will pickup on it. 2. know the laws, i try to stay out of the Raleigh area as much as possible. i have heard there are some anti-defense (criminal safety) laws, in and around that area. there is a possibility that some will try to BS you about your rights. 3. join some of your fellow carriers. there is almost always a get together in your area. triangle open carry @ info@meetup.com
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.