• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bowling Pin shoot 10/16/2011 1pm Louisa

Marco

There will be six shooting stations rather than five for this shoot.
More shooters equals more fun.

I'll be shooting my Coonan:

Attachments

• coonan_357ammo_0862.jpg
    coonan_357ammo_0862.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Marco

Just a quick reminder that the Pin shoot is this weekend, hopefully it dries up a bit.

Last edited:

Marco

Hopefully.

How much room is there for people just there to watch? Thinking about bringing the kids.

Plenty, just remember to bring eye and ear protection for everyone in your group, chairs and possibly an easy-up (portable shelter)if you desire.

Last edited:

Marco

Apprx shooting distance is 27 feet.
6 tables with 5 pins on each table, 6 shooters compete at the same time.
The first person to get all 5 pins off the table and onto the ground wins that round.
Each round costs $5 to shoot which takes in $30 for the house and the winner gets $10 back (they will be more than happy to accept this as a donation). Sometimes there is a prize round and if you stay until the end there are the championship rounds that are free.

If you shoot in the .22 caliber round the pins are put at the back of the table so that all you have to do is knock them over.
For those shooting .380, 9mm or 38spl the pins are lined up 2/3 of the way back on the table.
If you shoot .38super, .40SW or larger the pins are put at the front of the table so you have to knock them a long ways.
There will be rounds for .22, 9mm, .40 and larger. revolver, and shotgun. I know I have missed something so if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
There is a safety meeting the first thing in the morning and they will tell you that all guns have to be either in a hard case, zip up case or in a secured holster, nobody will be allowed to carry a loaded weapon.

The only place a weapon can be handled is at the "Safe Table" and then you are not allowed to have any ammunition.
If you have any questions or concerns while you are there make sure to take them up with Todd.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
It was a good turn out and a lot of fun.
If you missed this one it was mentioned the shooters meeting that the next one will be in the Spring.

Marco

It was a good turn out and a lot of fun.
If you missed this one it was mentioned the shooters meeting that the next one will be in the Spring.

I had a blast!!! Literally as my range ammo has a muzzle flash about a foot long. :)
The new Coonan worked great no break-in period needed, had only shot 50 rds prior to this shoot just so I could sight in my ammo.
Unfortunately, I didn't do my part today as the gun was dead on, I wasn't.
Misses caused me to lose the stages I shot. I could have done shoot off's but I felt the other guys deserved the win as I needed more than 5 rounds to take down 5 pins. :(

I offered serveral the chance to shoot the Coonan but no one took me up on my offer.

Last edited:

Marco

I would love to shoot your coonan!!
I have never met a gun,, Any Gun!!, that I didnt want to shoot!!!
I have NO respect for people that dont want to shoot a gun that I offer...

I don't make it to WA too often.
I can't agree with your last statement as Skidmark has a Downsizer he keeps asking he to try, he knows I have no interest in firing it. Got the chance to fire one yrs ago and that was enough for me.
I should offer to let him shoot my Bond Arms derringer in 10mm or .357 mag (w/ FP loads!) or my Contender in 45-70. :)

Last edited:

Toad

Founder's Club Member
I had a blast!!! Literally as my range ammo has a muzzle flash about a foot long. :)
The new Coonan worked great no break-in period needed, had only shot 50 rds prior to this shoot just so I could sight in my ammo.
Unfortunately, I didn't do my part today as the gun was dead on, I wasn't.
Misses caused me to lose the stages I shot. I could have done shoot off's but I felt the other guys deserved the win as I needed more than 5 rounds to take down 5 pins. :(

I offered serveral the chance to shoot the Coonan but no one took me up on my offer.

I won my first 3 matches but came up short on my last two. I am thinking it was all the 'bumps' on the pins wouldn't let them roll as well by that point. That is what makes it fun and unpredictable.
After it was over, and before cleanup, I brought out my fun gun and we set the pins up in a more traditional bowling configuration and played a few frames! Problem is that the pin that takes the hit splits right open so its only good for taking one shot!!! I like big bore rifles!