Thread: Help wanted with another OC debate

Help wanted with another OC debate

The wife and I are in another OC discussion/debate on another one of our firearm forums. The great OC myths seem to be plentyful and we are trying to educate and spread information to the other forum members in a non-bias way. It's a little hard on us noobs, and I would like to see if anyone can provide any help, or comments concerning the way the thread provided in the link below is going.

The members on that forum that have concerns about OCing posted some articles that reflect negativity on OC.

My wife comes in to defend OC on page 2 andI come in to defend OC on page 3:

http://www.palmettoshootersforum.com...php?f=38&t=742
    Last edited by carsontech; 10-04-2011 at 03:17 AM.

well,,,

study this link...
    Why 'Open Carry' Gun Laws Work

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

well,,,

I think your arguments are very compelling and right, you cant fix stupid, but maybe you can wear them down.

And id like to thank you for the lovely pic.................C-Carson! nice set of...um...guns...very sexy.
    seriously.. youre quite lovely, and the rifles are fine ones indeed!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Here are two links I like to use when those who are against OC bring up their two or three links. The first is about the incident in Kennesaw GA, were two men OC prevented a robbery just by being there. The second is a story about a gentleman who was robbed of his CC gun. Many anti OC will try and say any story that shows a person OC being a victim proves it to be unsafe. This story can then be used to counter that, by that logic CC is no safer.

Kennesaw GA

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...bbery-kennesaw

CCer robbed of gun

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/7...&if_height=282

You and your wife are doing a great job by presenting your side in an even and logical way without resorting to name calling or attacks. This is the way to go. Keep up the good fight.
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I think your arguments are very compelling and right, you cant fix stupid, but maybe you can wear them down.

And id like to thank you for the lovely pic.................C-Carson! nice set of...um...guns...very sexy.
    seriously.. youre quite lovely, and the rifles are fine ones indeed!
    umm, your welcome? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Here are two links I like to use when those who are against OC bring up their two or three links. The first is about the incident in Kennesaw GA, were two men OC prevented a robbery just by being there. The second is a story about a gentleman who was robbed of his CC gun. Many anti OC will try and say any story that shows a person OC being a victim proves it to be unsafe. This story can then be used to counter that, by that logic CC is no safer.

Kennesaw GA

CCer robbed of gun

You and your wife are doing a great job by presenting your side in an even and logical way without resorting to name calling or attacks. This is the way to go. Keep up the good fight.
    Thanks!

Thanks,
    I didn't know that article existed before now!

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne

Kennesaw GA

CCer robbed of gun

I forgot about the Waffle House one and I've never seen the "CCer robbed of gun" one. Sounds like he was in condition white for some reason, not situationally aware, as he should have been.
    Last edited by carsontech; 10-05-2011 at 09:02 PM.

And!!!

also read,, why the gun is civilization...
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 10-10-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Campaign Veteran
    An interesting note: I click on this link, and I am directed to a page with a Yahoo header that says:

This link is not authorized by Yahoo!
    If you would like to continue to this link's intended destination at your own risk, click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copyright © 2011 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service

I guess Yahoo is just trying to protect us from all those bad people that want to carry guns on their hips!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanearas View Post
    An interesting note: I click on this link, and I am directed to a page with a Yahoo header that says:

This link is not authorized by Yahoo!
    If you would like to continue to this link's intended destination at your own risk, click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copyright © 2011 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service

I guess Yahoo is just trying to protect us from all those bad people that want to carry guns on their hips!
    Here is the actual link to the article.

I got the following:

"This link is not authorized by Yahoo! If you would like to continue to this link's intended destination at your own risk, click here." When I "clicked here," I came to this article.

I guess if Yahoo! is no longer trustworthy with respect to American values, perhaps it's no longer trustworthy with respect to my information. I'm going to have to look into finding a replacement for my activities on Yahoo.

How's Google? Are they American-friendly, or are they trying to subvert America, too?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I find google to be rather neutral in the returns for the searches I have done. Heavy political, gun, and some other stuff
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!