• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help wanted with another OC debate

carsontech

Activist Member
The wife and I are in another OC discussion/debate on another one of our firearm forums. The great OC myths seem to be plentyful and we are trying to educate and spread information to the other forum members in a non-bias way. It's a little hard on us noobs, and I would like to see if anyone can provide any help, or comments concerning the way the thread provided in the link below is going.

The members on that forum that have concerns about OCing posted some articles that reflect negativity on OC.

My wife comes in to defend OC on page 2 andI come in to defend OC on page 3:

http://www.palmettoshootersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=742

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

I think your arguments are very compelling and right, you cant fix stupid, but maybe you can wear them down.

And id like to thank you for the lovely pic.................C-Carson! nice set of...um...guns...very sexy.
seriously.. youre quite lovely, and the rifles are fine ones indeed!

SavageOne

Here are two links I like to use when those who are against OC bring up their two or three links. The first is about the incident in Kennesaw GA, were two men OC prevented a robbery just by being there. The second is a story about a gentleman who was robbed of his CC gun. Many anti OC will try and say any story that shows a person OC being a victim proves it to be unsafe. This story can then be used to counter that, by that logic CC is no safer.

Kennesaw GA

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-atlanta/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw

CCer robbed of gun

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/71002412.html#129889646636327&if_height=282

You and your wife are doing a great job by presenting your side in an even and logical way without resorting to name calling or attacks. This is the way to go. Keep up the good fight.

PistolPackingMomma

I think your arguments are very compelling and right, you cant fix stupid, but maybe you can wear them down.

And id like to thank you for the lovely pic.................C-Carson! nice set of...um...guns...very sexy.
seriously.. youre quite lovely, and the rifles are fine ones indeed!

umm, your welcome? LOL

Here are two links I like to use when those who are against OC bring up their two or three links. The first is about the incident in Kennesaw GA, were two men OC prevented a robbery just by being there. The second is a story about a gentleman who was robbed of his CC gun. Many anti OC will try and say any story that shows a person OC being a victim proves it to be unsafe. This story can then be used to counter that, by that logic CC is no safer.

Kennesaw GA

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-atlanta/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw

CCer robbed of gun

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/71002412.html#129889646636327&if_height=282

You and your wife are doing a great job by presenting your side in an even and logical way without resorting to name calling or attacks. This is the way to go. Keep up the good fight.

Thanks!

carsontech

Activist Member

Thanks,
I didn't know that article existed before now!

SavageOne said:

Kennesaw GA

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...bbery-kennesaw

CCer robbed of gun

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/7...&if_height=282

I forgot about the Waffle House one and I've never seen the "CCer robbed of gun" one. Sounds like he was in condition white for some reason, not situationally aware, as he should have been.

Last edited:

Lanearas

Campaign Veteran

An interesting note: I click on this link, and I am directed to a page with a Yahoo header that says:

This link is not authorized by Yahoo!
If you would like to continue to this link's intended destination at your own risk, click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 2011 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service

I guess Yahoo is just trying to protect us from all those bad people that want to carry guns on their hips!

Redbaron007

An interesting note: I click on this link, and I am directed to a page with a Yahoo header that says:

This link is not authorized by Yahoo!
If you would like to continue to this link's intended destination at your own risk, click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 2011 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service

I guess Yahoo is just trying to protect us from all those bad people that want to carry guns on their hips!

Here is the actual link to the article.

since9

Campaign Veteran

I got the following:

"This link is not authorized by Yahoo! If you would like to continue to this link's intended destination at your own risk, click here." When I "clicked here," I came to this article.

I guess if Yahoo! is no longer trustworthy with respect to American values, perhaps it's no longer trustworthy with respect to my information. I'm going to have to look into finding a replacement for my activities on Yahoo.

How's Google? Are they American-friendly, or are they trying to subvert America, too?

okboomer

I find google to be rather neutral in the returns for the searches I have done. Heavy political, gun, and some other stuff :cool: