• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upgraded my EDC kit with a light

fire suppressor

I have been open carrying for a few years now and all this time I never carried a flashlight with me even though I knew that I should be. I recently had a bit of a strange encounter where a flashlight would have been handy so today I went out and fixed my problem by buying a good decent light to carry with me. I went with a fenix ld20 its 180 lumens, has a chiseled front end for tactical bashing, strobe mode and clips easily to my belt. Got me wondering if anyone ells has upgraded there carry kit lately

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317715441081.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317715441081.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 153

oldkim

Fenix...

Good light.

I strongy encourage folks to carry a light with them. No matter where or when...

With modern technology we soon forget that without electricity our "world" would cease up... A light can be very handy and are extremely bright and small.

I'm amazed how far light technology has come... so for folks sitting on the fence... Go look as there are lots out there for $30-$60 will get you a damn good self defense light (180+ lumens)...

I won the Fenix LD 20 2-AA at the Flashlight event in September 24th. Thanks to Mike and Julie from www.pts-flashlights.com :banana:

I also carry a EagleTac D25C2 for a utility light. www.eagletac.com

fire suppressor

I picked up my fenix LD20 for 60 bucks well worth the money its amazing how 2 AA batteries can run something so bright. I had my brother test the strobe mode on me and wow! even in a lit environment it had me totally disoriented. It made me dizzy and I had to sit down. That may have been a stupid test to volunteer for but I know have faith in my light. There are cheaper lights out there but feel 60 bucks is a fair price for what I got

TechnoWeenie

My EDC

Best $20 I ever spent.

With any 'cheap' chinese light, it's overrated, but it's still hella bright...

I remember when maglites were the flashlight to have.

Now I have something no bigger than a small candle that can light up a gymnasium....

:D

MadHatter66

I tend to carry 3 lights actually... a COAST 975 Lenser... A Fenix E21 and a MagLite XL100 for the different variants of light that I can get... I will also carry a 3D LED Maglite if I know I am going out after dark. I have always carried a flashlight though... I hate not having white lite and being put in a situation where I would have to use my weapon, but not be able to see clearly what is going on...

I tend to live by the adage 2 is 1, 1 is none, 3 is just right...