Thread: "by mail only"

"by mail only"

Just wondering how everyone is going to apply on Nov 1. DOJ site says by mail only, so I guess it won't
    help to be standing at the door waiting for them to open.
    I figure I'm going to send a copy of my dd 214, the application, and whatever statement they need
    along with a check.
    Any thoughts from anyone with more knowledge than I have?
    I've got a name to live up to, and it's Filthy. Filthy Harry SASS 24924

As was discussed in the other thread, someone contacted the DOJ and verified they would take "in person" applications dropped off.

Herr Heckler Koch
    DD 214 demonstration of Honorable Discharge per 175.60(4)4 not being a baracks-lawyer.

Much has been made clear in these weeks of watching trainers demanding training and of non-veterans.

So will the actual appilcation be avialable in person at the DOJ office for completion (hopfully on Nov. 1), and handed back to them "on the spot", or will we have to get the application "by mail only"..??????

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this question...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 10-04-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

McX
    But wait if you order now...............we'll include the popeil pocket fisherman!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    But wait if you order now...............we'll include the popeil pocket fisherman!
    If you are going to do that, you might as well do it BILLY MAYS STYLE!!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    So will the actual appilcation be avialable in person at the DOJ office for completion (hopfully on Nov. 1)
    Why yes, yes they will.

However, the applications will only be available to those who know and display the secret handshake to the appointed DOJ member on the spot. The handshake must be accompanied by the correct super secret phrase and head nod. Appropriate colors and dress code must be strictly adhered to. No hats.

Applications will also be made available on Nov 1 for download from the CC specific DOJ website currently being constructed. Log in will be required and an account must be set up. Accounts will only be accepted on the third Tuesday in any month of any leap year. It will take 60 days to confirm and verify account. Confirmation of account will be a single flare shot at high noon. You must find the spent flare casing to see if your name is inscribed on it....
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Thats funny... I already have 2..... popeil's pockect fisherman's (in original boxes)... getting to be colloctors items.

And NO, that does not mean I go fishing in my pockets....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

Outdoorsman1

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Why yes, yes they will.

However, the applications will only be available to those who know and display the secret handshake to the appointed DOJ member on the spot. The handshake must be accompanied by the correct super secret phrase and head nod. Appropriate colors and dress code must be strictly adhered to. No hats.

Applications will also be made available on Nov 1 for download from the CC specific DOJ website currently being constructed. Log in will be required and an account must be set up. Accounts will only be accepted on the third Tuesday in any month of any leap year. It will take 60 days to confirm and verify account. Confirmation of account will be a single flare shot at high noon. You must find the spent flare casing to see if your name is inscribed on it....
    Thank goodnesss....... That I have learned for some of your other posts not to take you seriously....

Just sayin....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 10-04-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Outdoorsman1

I have it on good authority from my friends who are attorneys in the DOJ that this is all true. I can not name names but it would be safe to say they are the ones dressed as Victorian Naval Officers.

I also have it on good authority that if you sacrifice a small-ish farm animal in a strict Haitian Voodoo sacrifice your odds of the DOJ accepting your application to exercise your Constitutional Right will be greatly increased. Proof of ritual can be a video posted to Youtube or even a mojo filled with some of the sacrificial ashes. The DOJ wants the application process to be as painless as possible.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    Thank goodnesss....... That I have learned for some of your other posts not to take you seriously....

Just sayin....

Outdoorsman1
    to know the handosian is to love him, not like the love between a man and his significant other, more like the love between a man and his fine Honduran (smoke)-(?).............................

I have it on good authority from my friends who are attorneys in the DOJ that this is all true. I can not name names but it would be safe to say they are the ones dressed as Victorian Naval Officers.

I also have it on good authority that if you sacrifice a small-ish farm animal in a strict Haitian Voodoo sacrifice your odds of the DOJ accepting your application to exercise your Constitutional Right will be greatly increased. Proof of ritual can be a video posted to Youtube or even a mojo filled with some of the sacrificial ashes. The DOJ wants the application process to be as painless as possible.
    Again.... Thank Goodness...

On point...

Hey, I HAVE A VICTORIAN NAVAL OFFICERS UNIFORM..... Go Figure...

Also...I have a small Rat Terrier dog the ex-girlfriend left behind... would that do for a sacrifice... If not it is ok as I have been thinking about using him for Musky bait as it is getting to be that time of year (for huge Muskies).

Ok.. I have stooped to Handy's level of sarcasum.... It is kinda nice down here....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 10-04-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Outdoorsman1

Just sayin....

Outdoorsman1
    Actually, I think that HH took some genuine Department of Neverending Regulations rules and just paraphrased them while attributing them to the DOJ.

Hey, I HAVE A VICTORIAN NAVAL OFFICERS UNIFORM..... Go Figure...
    Of course you do Sir as your gentlemanly status never has nor ever will been in question.
    (I'm bowing right now but you can't see it)

Also...I have a small Rat Terrier dog the ex-girlfriend left behind...
    The Rat Terrier should be hand fed fillet as it resides on silk pillows. The noble Terrier is a constant reminder of how narrowly you escaped death by Harpie.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Of course you do Sir as your gentlemanly status never has nor ever will been in question.
    (I'm bowing right now but you can't see it)

The Rat Terrier should be hand fed fillet as it resides on silk pillows. The noble Terrier is a constant reminder of how narrowly you escaped death by Harpie.
    Ahhhhh... Oh wise one.... as always you are correct... on both accounts....

Hear yee Hear Yee... Let it be know to all.... It is good to get back to my roots as when I first joined this merry band of do gooders.... amoungst the riff raff and those that spin yarns of great intent.

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by filhar1 View Post
    Just wondering how everyone is going to apply on Nov 1. DOJ site says by mail only, so I guess it won't
    help to be standing at the door waiting for them to open...
    Even though the published word so far is by mail only, I am making plans to be in Madison on November 1st. I haven't been there in years and I may even go down Monday night October 31st to spend Halloween on State Street even though the organized celebration is Saturday night.
    I have my nets out and hope to get a copy of the application before that date. If I am the first one here to get one, I will share the file.
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 10-04-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    to know the handosian is to love him, not like the love between a man and his significant other, more like the love between a man and his fine Honduran (smoke)-(?).............................
    You might want to change that statement; the mental image it evokes is not a good one....
    Last edited by davegran; 10-04-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    You might want to change that statement; the mental image it evokes is not a good one....
    Don't Ask... Don't tell...

Why yes, yes they will.

Too damn funny, too bad is probably true

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Don't Ask... Don't tell...
    ...don't inhale.