• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"by mail only"

filhar1

Just wondering how everyone is going to apply on Nov 1. DOJ site says by mail only, so I guess it won't
help to be standing at the door waiting for them to open.
I figure I'm going to send a copy of my dd 214, the application, and whatever statement they need
along with a check.
Any thoughts from anyone with more knowledge than I have?

bmwguy11

As was discussed in the other thread, someone contacted the DOJ and verified they would take "in person" applications dropped off.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

DD 214 demonstration of Honorable Discharge per 175.60(4)4 not being a baracks-lawyer.

Much has been made clear in these weeks of watching trainers demanding training and of non-veterans.

Outdoorsman1

So will the actual appilcation be avialable in person at the DOJ office for completion (hopfully on Nov. 1), and handed back to them "on the spot", or will we have to get the application "by mail only"..??????

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this question...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:
M

McX

But wait if you order now...............we'll include the popeil pocket fisherman!

HandyHamlet

So will the actual appilcation be avialable in person at the DOJ office for completion (hopfully on Nov. 1)

Why yes, yes they will.

However, the applications will only be available to those who know and display the secret handshake to the appointed DOJ member on the spot. The handshake must be accompanied by the correct super secret phrase and head nod. Appropriate colors and dress code must be strictly adhered to. No hats.

Applications will also be made available on Nov 1 for download from the CC specific DOJ website currently being constructed. Log in will be required and an account must be set up. Accounts will only be accepted on the third Tuesday in any month of any leap year. It will take 60 days to confirm and verify account. Confirmation of account will be a single flare shot at high noon. You must find the spent flare casing to see if your name is inscribed on it....

Outdoorsman1

But wait if you order now...............we'll include the popeil pocket fisherman!

Thats funny... I already have 2..... popeil's pockect fisherman's (in original boxes)... getting to be colloctors items.

And NO, that does not mean I go fishing in my pockets....:p

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Why yes, yes they will.

However, the applications will only be available to those who know and display the secret handshake to the appointed DOJ member on the spot. The handshake must be accompanied by the correct super secret phrase and head nod. Appropriate colors and dress code must be strictly adhered to. No hats.

Applications will also be made available on Nov 1 for download from the CC specific DOJ website currently being constructed. Log in will be required and an account must be set up. Accounts will only be accepted on the third Tuesday in any month of any leap year. It will take 60 days to confirm and verify account. Confirmation of account will be a single flare shot at high noon. You must find the spent flare casing to see if your name is inscribed on it....

Thank goodnesss....... That I have learned for some of your other posts not to take you seriously....

Just sayin....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I have it on good authority from my friends who are attorneys in the DOJ that this is all true. I can not name names but it would be safe to say they are the ones dressed as Victorian Naval Officers.

I also have it on good authority that if you sacrifice a small-ish farm animal in a strict Haitian Voodoo sacrifice your odds of the DOJ accepting your application to exercise your Constitutional Right will be greatly increased. Proof of ritual can be a video posted to Youtube or even a mojo filled with some of the sacrificial ashes. The DOJ wants the application process to be as painless as possible.

M

McX

Thank goodnesss....... That I have learned for some of your other posts not to take you seriously....

Just sayin....

Outdoorsman1

to know the handosian is to love him, not like the love between a man and his significant other, more like the love between a man and his fine Honduran (smoke)-(?).............................

Outdoorsman1

I have it on good authority from my friends who are attorneys in the DOJ that this is all true. I can not name names but it would be safe to say they are the ones dressed as Victorian Naval Officers.

I also have it on good authority that if you sacrifice a small-ish farm animal in a strict Haitian Voodoo sacrifice your odds of the DOJ accepting your application to exercise your Constitutional Right will be greatly increased. Proof of ritual can be a video posted to Youtube or even a mojo filled with some of the sacrificial ashes. The DOJ wants the application process to be as painless as possible.

Again.... Thank Goodness...

On point...

Hey, I HAVE A VICTORIAN NAVAL OFFICERS UNIFORM..... Go Figure...

Also...I have a small Rat Terrier dog the ex-girlfriend left behind... would that do for a sacrifice... If not it is ok as I have been thinking about using him for Musky bait as it is getting to be that time of year (for huge Muskies).

Ok.. I have stooped to Handy's level of sarcasum.... It is kinda nice down here....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Hey, I HAVE A VICTORIAN NAVAL OFFICERS UNIFORM..... Go Figure...

Of course you do Sir as your gentlemanly status never has nor ever will been in question.
(I'm bowing right now but you can't see it)

Also...I have a small Rat Terrier dog the ex-girlfriend left behind...

The Rat Terrier should be hand fed fillet as it resides on silk pillows. The noble Terrier is a constant reminder of how narrowly you escaped death by Harpie.

Outdoorsman1

Of course you do Sir as your gentlemanly status never has nor ever will been in question.
(I'm bowing right now but you can't see it)

The Rat Terrier should be hand fed fillet as it resides on silk pillows. The noble Terrier is a constant reminder of how narrowly you escaped death by Harpie.

Ahhhhh... Oh wise one.... as always you are correct... on both accounts....

Hear yee Hear Yee... Let it be know to all.... It is good to get back to my roots as when I first joined this merry band of do gooders.... amoungst the riff raff and those that spin yarns of great intent.

Outdoorsman1

Interceptor_Knight

Just wondering how everyone is going to apply on Nov 1. DOJ site says by mail only, so I guess it won't
help to be standing at the door waiting for them to open...
Even though the published word so far is by mail only, I am making plans to be in Madison on November 1st. I haven't been there in years and I may even go down Monday night October 31st to spend Halloween on State Street even though the organized celebration is Saturday night.
I have my nets out and hope to get a copy of the application before that date. If I am the first one here to get one, I will share the file.

Last edited: