Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Not even the pizza guy is safe

  1. #1
    Regular Member waterfowl woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Silvana, Washington, USA
    Posts
    137

    Not even the pizza guy is safe

    poor pizza guy was just trying to make a buck
    http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-robb...0,223921.story

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,201
    He should have stayed in his car and called dispatch or called the phone of the house where he was delivering to get better directions. We have had a few stories in the past of pizza delivery people being robbed and even shot at. I hope he wises up, gets a pistol and a CPL and starts carrying. I would think that having a pistol stuck in your face would motivate you to do something to protect yourself. It should be obvious to him my now that the police can't protect him.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead


    Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    49
    I remember reading a story not too long ago about a private eatery with delivery service that actually required all their delivery personel to obtain a CPL and carry while making depliveries. I wish I could find the story again but google is being lending no help.

  4. #4
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Delivering Pizza in this area at 10PM should require a Police escort. As for the "Pizza Guy" arming himself? Why not just get a job delivering pizza in a better part of town. Bigger tips elsewhere too.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  5. #5
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Delivering Pizza in this area at 10PM should require a Police escort. As for the "Pizza Guy" arming himself? Why not just get a job delivering pizza in a better part of town. Bigger tips elsewhere too.
    Because stoned teenagers have a right to late-night pizza too dammit! Do not deny a stoner his munchies!
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Wolfebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Because stoned teenagers have a right to late-night pizza too dammit! Do not deny a stoner his munchies!
    A stoner gives up his right to munchies the moment he decides to become a stoner. I call the police every time I see one (assuming they are smoking and its obvious). I can't stand druggies. I realize that you were probably being sarcastic with your post or joking...just needed to vent at something and this seemed just as good as the next thing.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    A stoner gives up his right to munchies the moment he decides to become a stoner. I call the police every time I see one (assuming they are smoking and its obvious). I can't stand druggies. I realize that you were probably being sarcastic with your post or joking...just needed to vent at something and this seemed just as good as the next thing.
    So do you call the police for drinkers, smokers, caffeine users and others too? Use = abuse in your world view eh? Do you also call the police about people who are rude, mean, lustful, foul-mouthed? It is the role of police to reduce and punish undesirable behavior in society after all, right? Even, nay, ESPECIALLY for behaviors that harm only the doer like alcohol, nicotine & caffeine. Since this whole idea of "rights" only applies to you and those who think like you, right?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    A stoner gives up his right to munchies the moment he decides to become a stoner. I call the police every time I see one (assuming they are smoking and its obvious). I can't stand druggies. I realize that you were probably being sarcastic with your post or joking...just needed to vent at something and this seemed just as good as the next thing.
    u mad bro?

    Not even the pizza guy is safe
    When has the job of pizza delivery ever been considered safe? They get robbed all the time. It's no secret.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 10-05-2011 at 02:04 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  9. #9
    Regular Member Wolfebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    A stoner gives up his right to munchies the moment he decides to become a stoner. I call the police every time I see one (assuming they are smoking and its obvious). I can't stand druggies. I realize that you were probably being sarcastic with your post or joking...just needed to vent at something and this seemed just as good as the next thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    So do you call the police for drinkers, smokers, caffeine users and others too? Use = abuse in your world view eh? Do you also call the police about people who are rude, mean, lustful, foul-mouthed? It is the role of police to reduce and punish undesirable behavior in society after all, right? Even, nay, ESPECIALLY for behaviors that harm only the doer like alcohol, nicotine & caffeine. Since this whole idea of "rights" only applies to you and those who think like you, right?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I call because it is currently illegal and against my current morals (yes it is possible to have cognitive dissonance) I do not wish to be around those who abuse illegal substances or abuse prescription drugs. I also choose to avoid smokers and drunkards. But I do not call the police for smokers or drunks, unless someone is drunk in public and causing a disturbance. Someone always brings up what you did "oh you must call the cops on everyone then because its all the same thing" No, no it is not. For starters, one is illegal, the other is not. Yes, both being drunk and smoking pot impair fine motor skills and it is thus illegal to operate a motor-vehicle while under the influence of either.

    I have no problem with those that smoke or use alcohol in moderation. Now you might say "But what about pot use in moderation what about that huh, huh, huh...got yah" No, no you haven't. It may be cliche to say, but I have personally found it to be true - pot is a gateway drug. I have personally known at least half a dozen people throughout my life that have started with pot and gone onto other things in search of that ever increase high. Smoking cigarettes does not lead to any other "harder" forms of tobacco or is even linked to people picking up alcohol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    u mad bro?
    I thought this was a good place where idiotic internet memes were not, given the nature of the site (and the fact that you have to be 21(WA) in order to legally participate in the actual purpose of the site.)

    Also, I said that it was merely a vent - so no, I am not mad "bro."

  10. #10
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    I call because it is currently illegal and against my current morals (yes it is possible to have cognitive dissonance) I do not wish to be around those who abuse illegal substances or abuse prescription drugs. I also choose to avoid smokers and drunkards. But I do not call the police for smokers or drunks, unless someone is drunk in public and causing a disturbance. Someone always brings up what you did "oh you must call the cops on everyone then because its all the same thing" No, no it is not. For starters, one is illegal, the other is not. Yes, both being drunk and smoking pot impair fine motor skills and it is thus illegal to operate a motor-vehicle while under the influence of either.

    I have no problem with those that smoke or use alcohol in moderation. Now you might say "But what about pot use in moderation what about that huh, huh, huh...got yah" No, no you haven't. It may be cliche to say, but I have personally found it to be true - pot is a gateway drug. I have personally known at least half a dozen people throughout my life that have started with pot and gone onto other things in search of that ever increase high. Smoking cigarettes does not lead to any other "harder" forms of tobacco or is even linked to people picking up alcohol.



    I thought this was a good place where idiotic internet memes were not, given the nature of the site (and the fact that you have to be 21(WA) in order to legally participate in the actual purpose of the site.)

    Also, I said that it was merely a vent - so no, I am not mad "bro."
    Yes, it is cliche... Alcohol is the real gateway drug. Destroys millions of lives a year and over all does far more damage to society than pot, yet you want to argue that pot is bad & beer is good - just don't overdo it. You see the fallacy there? I personally knew dozens of casual pot smokers, and they all knew dozens... Yet none of us went on to do anything worse than the occasional shroom, nor did we even know of anyone who did. So that part of your argument is jus plain bull.

    All that is completely irrelevant of course. You go talking morality then try to assert that it's moral to send someone to prison and destroy their life for the mere possession of one psychoactive substance while saying another is ok. You endorse unconstitutional and tyrannical laws that have been proven over and over again not to do a single damn thing to curb use or "help" anyone, but only make people like al Capone & the Juarez cartels, people who actually harm others, filthy rich and powerful as princes.

    If someone want to drink beer, smoke pot, or snort meth that's no ones business but their own as long as they do not directly harm or endanger others by doing so. Operating a motor vehicle under the influence directly endangers others. Smoking a joint at home or standing on the street corner does not.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Oh and Green might challenge the notion that only those 21+ can lawfully OC


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    I thought this was a good place where idiotic internet memes were not, given the nature of the site (and the fact that you have to be 21(WA) in order to legally participate in the actual purpose of the site.)

    Also, I said that it was merely a vent - so no, I am not mad "bro."
    he mad. I'm not in WA by the way, I'm over 21, and I was just messing with you, lighten up. people are going to think you're skidmark.


    on topic though, you call the police every time you see someone break a law even if they aren't effecting anyone else's life, liberty, or persuit of happiness? someone rolls through a stop sign, you call the police? someone turns w/o a blinker? you call the police?

    pot is a gateway drug. I have personally known at least half a dozen people throughout my life that have started with pot and gone onto other things in search of that ever increase high.
    Your friends are idiots and ruin their lives - you blame a plant? I know of multiple people that were EXRTEMELY smart that were pot heads. One of them was the valedictorian of his class. So weed is not why people ruin their lives and get into some hard drugs with permenant effects. It is no worse than alchohol.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 10-05-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    I call because it is currently illegal and against my current morals
    You're going to get a lot of flak in this forum making statements like that. Not only is this a gun rights forum, most people here believe in freedom in general. If we demand freedom on one field then we need to respect freedom on all.

    I used to be like you, I use to think marijuana was some form of evil, why? because it's illegal! Of course it's bad! our legislators said so! Now that I'm all about gun rights I've learned to respect freedom in all areas.

    Give it time, you'll come around if you stay on these forums long enough. OCDO has changed me.


    For the record I have NEVER touched marijuana. I simply believe in freedom.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

  14. #14
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post


    For the record I have NEVER touched marijuana. I simply believe in freedom.
    +1

    I never do MJ either but I know lots who do most are "productive" members of society.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  15. #15
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    +1

    I never do MJ either but I know lots who do most are "productive" members of society.
    You're calling Bill Clinton "productive"??? Of course he never inhaled though
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  16. #16
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    You're calling Bill Clinton "productive"??? Of course he never inhaled though
    I don't know Bill Clinton. I know of him though..........but lets not forget George Bush was an alleged illegal drug user too.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  17. #17
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I don't know Bill Clinton. I know of him though..........but lets not forget George Bush was an alleged illegal drug user too.
    But George definitely "inhaled", like in "snort".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  18. #18
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    But George definitely "inhaled", like in "snort".

    Yep that was what I was thinking about.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  19. #19
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Yep that was what I was thinking about.
    Again, what's it matter? His business, nobody else's. IIRC his (legal) alcohol issues were more of a problem for others.

    BillyBob is another matter. If he really didn't inhale, he deserves derision for wasting someone else's good bud.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  20. #20
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Again, what's it matter? His business, nobody else's. IIRC his (legal) alcohol issues were more of a problem for others.

    BillyBob is another matter. If he really didn't inhale, he deserves derision for wasting someone else's good bud.
    It doesn't matter which is sort of my point, if several of our presidents were drug users it is kind of hypocritical of our system to crush others for their recreational use.

    Imagine if Bush, Clinton, or Obama were arrested and served time for their use, they would never have been presidents. Yet they did nothing to relieve the idiotic laws that criminalize personal choice.

    And look at all the great music we have from drug users. Who often make real crappy music after they clean up.....lol.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  21. #21
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

    And look at all the great music we have from drug users. Who often make real crappy music after they clean up.....lol.
    Nah! Their music is still OK, it's just THEY sound like crap. Most of them had to "get clean" or "get dead" from their drug/alcohol use. The abuse took it's toll and in some cases lead to their early demise. The ones that survive look like Willy Nelson, Keith Richards, or Kris Kristoferson do today by the time their 40.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Nah! Their music is still OK, it's just THEY sound like crap. Most of them had to "get clean" or "get dead" from their drug/alcohol use. The abuse took it's toll and in some cases lead to their early demise. The ones that survive look like Willy Nelson, Keith Richards, or Kris Kristoferson do today by the time their 40.


    ....and their music sucks....after that age.....lol...
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  23. #23
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    You're going to get a lot of flak in this forum making statements like that. Not only is this a gun rights forum, most people here believe in freedom in general. If we demand freedom on one field then we need to respect freedom on all.

    I used to be like you, I use to think marijuana was some form of evil, why? because it's illegal! Of course it's bad! our legislators said so! Now that I'm all about gun rights I've learned to respect freedom in all areas.

    Give it time, you'll come around if you stay on these forums long enough. OCDO has changed me.


    For the record I have NEVER touched marijuana. I simply believe in freedom.
    same on all counts. Never smoked it, hate the smell of it, but I fully support the right to smoke it for anyone that wants to. It was outlawed for political reasons, and still is. I'm a strong believer that the gov't should protect people from each other, but NOT protect them from themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I don't know Bill Clinton. I know of him though..........but lets not forget George Bush was an alleged illegal drug user too.
    I'd be willing to bet that at least four presidents in the last 50 years smoked pot, and three of them are the last three presidents. I would be less than surprised if Kennedy turned out to be one as well.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  24. #24
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that at least four presidents in the last 50 years smoked pot, and three of them are the last three presidents. I would be less than surprised if Kennedy turned out to be one as well.
    From what I read Kennedy had a huge drug addiction along with a huge hooker addiction.

    Yet all these folks were presidents, oh wait they all were also rich and connected.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  25. #25
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    From what I read Kennedy had a huge drug addiction along with a huge hooker addiction.

    Yet all these folks were presidents, oh wait they all were also rich and connected.
    I'd be more interested in which US Presidents carried firearms while in office. So far I have been only able to find a reference that FDR carried one.

    As for the "Secret Service" preventing the President from doing so, they work for "Him". Even Obama told them to "stuff it" when they tried to take his Blackberry away.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •