• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My new Open Carry piece.

bwboley

Activist Member
Glock 19 and blackhawk holser for open and conceal carry better then my old piece. lol

IMAG0114.jpg

FMCDH

So, just out of curiosity, why a Gen 2 Glock and not a gen 3 or 4?

I imagine price has something to do with it, hmm?

G20-IWB24/7

So, just out of curiosity, why a Gen 2 Glock and not a gen 3 or 4?

I imagine price has something to do with it, hmm?

I can't speak for the OP, but many do not like the placement of the permanent finger-grooves on the Gen3/4, and many don't have a use for a light rail on a pistol (esp. on a carry gun). My personal G19 is a Gen 3, but it has had the fingergrooves removed and the backstrap reduced so it points more like a 1911 and looks closer to a Gen 2.

Arguably the best all-around defensive 9mm on the market. LOVE mine. Congrats!

Last edited:

Wobbles

Kind of ironic you posting this. A new acquaintance of mine just showed me a Hi-Point for the first time. The Glock is definitely a giant leap up! Congrats on the new piece

bwboley

Activist Member
I can't speak for the OP, but many do not like the placement of the permanent finger-grooves on the Gen3/4, and many don't have a use for a light rail on a pistol (esp. on a carry gun). My personal G19 is a Gen 3, but it has had the fingergrooves removed and the backstrap reduced so it points more like a 1911 and looks closer to a Gen 2.

Arguably the best all-around defensive 9mm on the market. LOVE mine. Congrats!

yes no finger groves and short rails for the slide.
Also got the g19 becuase there was no g18 instock =P lol i wish

Last edited:

Mainsail

I picked up a new RIA at Mary's last weekend. I ran 400 rounds of ball through it on Sunday afternoon, it did very well.

Going to have it dehorned and tuned, then leave it pretty much stock.

RIA02.png

RIA01.png

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I picked up a new RIA at Mary's last weekend. I ran 400 rounds of ball through it on Sunday afternoon, it did very well.

RIA02.png

RIA01.png

RIAs are pretty decent 1911s. I have two and I love them!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

They're reliable, functional and go bang when you ask them. What's not to like?

While I enjoy bells and whistles, they add to the cost and aren't necessary in a self-defense tool.

The RIA 1911 gets the job done.

Mainsail

They're reliable, functional and go bang when you ask them. What's not to like?

While I enjoy bells and whistles, they add to the cost and aren't necessary in a self-defense tool.

The RIA 1911 gets the job done.

Really, if I ever have to use it, I'll be much happier with the $400 RIA sitting in the evidence room than my $1000 Sig.

I dropped it off at the smith today for a trigger job and to have the extractor adjusted (it was throwing empties back into my face from time to time). He's also going to break the sharp edges and give it a good going over.

carry for myself

sadly i had to sell my RIA a few months back for auto repairs :( i was looking at the Kimber Pro covert II, wich is pretty but i loved the RIA's $399 pricetag through centerfire arms much more than the Kimbers $1,500 price tag. great buy! well worth the $$