Thread: New member OC'ing in Cumming GA

New member OC'ing in Cumming GA

Greetings fellow OC'ers,
    I've been lurking in the forums for several weeks now. I really like the site and the information shared here by knowledgable, responsible folks.
    Last week I received my GWL, thirteen days after applying and promptly picked up my brand new Springfield XDm .40 compact. I have to admit, the thought of OC made me a bit nervous, but I decided to try it out today anyway.
    First stop was Wal-Mart. Had the wife and kids in tow, spent about 30 min in the store and the trip was entirely uneventful. Just what I needed for a confidence building exercise. We proceeded to Kohl's for our next stop and spent about 30 min there. Again, completely uneventful until we arrived at the checkout, where one of the cashiers asked if that was a Glock I was carrying. I told him it was a Springfield XDm, we chatted for a moment, he admired it and we were on our way to the next stop.
    Our last stop, a different Wal-Mart. Once again, a complete non-event other than getting the stink eye for an older gentleman standing in line ahead of us.
    All in all, I'd say it was a very positive outing. Being my first time OC, I feel considerably more confortable with it now. I'm looking forward to sharing more OC experiences in the future.

Welcome to "the club."

Welcome! have you posted over on georgiapacking.org or joined GeorgiaCarry?
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

I was completely surprised we didn't get more stink eyes than we did so my honeys experience made me feel a bit more confident about OCing.

P.S. Bubbles Rocks!!
    Last edited by OCMomma; 10-05-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Welcome. I lived in Cumming for a time and never had a single issue OCing. Check out the Forsyth County Humane Society Thrift Store. They are quite OC friendly. Had an awesome conversation with the guys in charge after one of the kids went crying to them about my Taurus.

Welcome from Lawrenceville.

Please Visit

http://www.georgiacarry.org/

http://www.georgiapacking.org/

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiVJ View Post
    Welcome! have you posted over on georgiapacking.org or joined GeorgiaCarry?
    Had been doing my reading on the NRA and decided to send my money to GCO. I've been reading at georgiapacking.org but have yet to post there.