• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spent casing storage?

Tony4310

I have around 900 rounds of 9mm casings, 36 30-06 casings, 6 .40 ( don't laugh ) casings and 113 .223 casings. I was wondering if they made a storage container that I could use to keep my spent casings in and separated by caliber until the day comes that I can actually reload them. I'm using a small box and 2 bags to keep stuff in and want something organized to use. Any suggestions?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
They are of no value at all. Give me a hollar and I will put them in my basement, I have the extra room on my reloading bench :)

Coffee containers work too as do ziplocks for those small amounts.

I use ammo cans but I tend to have a few more than you described.

mspgunner

I have around 900 rounds of 9mm casings, 36 30-06 casings, 6 .40 ( don't laugh ) casings and 113 .223 casings. I was wondering if they made a storage container that I could use to keep my spent casings in and separated by caliber until the day comes that I can actually reload them. I'm using a small box and 2 bags to keep stuff in and want something organized to use. Any suggestions?

I have them in zip lock bags (Gallon size).
One day I want to get back to reloading, did it years ago. Would be something to keep me busy when retired and sitting in front of the tube watching CNN all day!

REALteach4u

I had been using old butter tubs, though I've recently converted to the clear Milkbone dog-treat jars. Recycle or reuse...I'm reusing. (see Penn and Teller's BS episode on recycling)

Last edited:

The Stig

i just use the plastic containers that sandwich meat comes in....

they're clear, stackable and i can simply label them with a sharpie

Broondog

i use old, worn out tupperware....you know, the ones that are messed up and stained from nuking spaghetti sauce or chili leftovers in too many times.

i also sometimes buy the larger dollar store tupperware containers when i need somewhere to put multi-hundreds of pieces of brass. like The Stig said, they are clear, stackable and take writing well.

Mule

Coffee cans and zip lock bags for metalics.

Kitty Litter buckets that come with a hinged lid work great for shot shell hulls. Easily stack them 4 high.