Thread: Spent casing storage?

Spent casing storage?

I have around 900 rounds of 9mm casings, 36 30-06 casings, 6 .40 ( don't laugh ) casings and 113 .223 casings. I was wondering if they made a storage container that I could use to keep my spent casings in and separated by caliber until the day comes that I can actually reload them. I'm using a small box and 2 bags to keep stuff in and want something organized to use. Any suggestions?

My Dad taught me to use old peanut containers that are clear so you can see what you have. That or any kind of container you can put a lid on to keep the dust out.

Accomplished Advocate
    They are of no value at all. Give me a hollar and I will put them in my basement, I have the extra room on my reloading bench

Coffee containers work too as do ziplocks for those small amounts.

I use ammo cans but I tend to have a few more than you described.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    I have around 900 rounds of 9mm casings, 36 30-06 casings, 6 .40 ( don't laugh ) casings and 113 .223 casings. I was wondering if they made a storage container that I could use to keep my spent casings in and separated by caliber until the day comes that I can actually reload them. I'm using a small box and 2 bags to keep stuff in and want something organized to use. Any suggestions?
    I have them in zip lock bags (Gallon size).
    One day I want to get back to reloading, did it years ago. Would be something to keep me busy when retired and sitting in front of the tube watching CNN all day!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

I had been using old butter tubs, though I've recently converted to the clear Milkbone dog-treat jars. Recycle or reuse...I'm reusing. (see Penn and Teller's BS episode on recycling)
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 10-05-2011 at 11:54 AM.

i just use the plastic containers that sandwich meat comes in....

they're clear, stackable and i can simply label them with a sharpie

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    i just use the plastic containers that sandwich meat comes in....

they're clear, stackable and i can simply label them with a sharpie

X2

i use old, worn out tupperware....you know, the ones that are messed up and stained from nuking spaghetti sauce or chili leftovers in too many times.

i also sometimes buy the larger dollar store tupperware containers when i need somewhere to put multi-hundreds of pieces of brass. like The Stig said, they are clear, stackable and take writing well.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Coffee cans and zip lock bags for metalics.

Kitty Litter buckets that come with a hinged lid work great for shot shell hulls. Easily stack them 4 high.