• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Republicans/Libertarians in Hollywood

Gunslinger

Let's keep these folks in mind as we head into the next 12 months! Article

Britney Spears

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Jessica Simpson

Stephen Baldwin

Tony Danza

Clint Eastwood

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Mel Gibson

Kelsey Grammer

Drew Carey

Matthew McConaughey

Freddie Prinze Jr.

Heather Locklear

Arnold Schwarzenegger

50 Cent (but he voted for Obama)

Bruce Willis

Adam Sandler

Sylvester Stallone

Vince Vaughn

Tom Selleck

Alex Trebek

Angie Harmon

Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Joan Rivers (but she voted for Obama)

Donald Trump

Chuck Norris

Ted Nugent

Marie Osmond

Gary Sinise

Shannen Doherty

Pat Sajak, of Wheel of Fortune is a Viet Nam veteran and staunch Republican. So is Dennis Franz--multi-Emmy winner for "NYPD Blues." Gary Oldman is another strong Republican. Jean Claude Van Damme is and Patricia Heaton, as well.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
+1 But I think Drew Carey is, he has a section on reason.tv.

Also the founder of South Park are libertarians.

That would be Trey Parker. Trey actually admitted it "In an April 4, 2001 article in the Los Angeles Times. When asked to describe his politics, Parker said he was 'a registered Libertarian.'" Not sure about the other guy though. I mean, I'm guessing he is but he made no public statements. I do remember another interview in which they said something along the lines of: "We hate Republicans, but we really F-ing hate Democrats."

There is a large list of libertarian celebrities here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?48469-List-of-Libertarian-Celebrities
If you'd like to include them on your list.

I found another list with google here: http://freedomkeys.com/xtracelebs.htm

sudden valley gunner

That would be Trey Parker. Trey actually admitted it "In an April 4, 2001 article in the Los Angeles Times. When asked to describe his politics, Parker said he was 'a registered Libertarian.'" Not sure about the other guy though. I mean, I'm guessing he is but he made no public statements. I do remember another interview in which they said something along the lines of: "We hate Republicans, but we really F-ing hate Democrats."

There is a large list of libertarian celebrities here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?48469-List-of-Libertarian-Celebrities
If you'd like to include them on your list.

I found another list with google here: http://freedomkeys.com/xtracelebs.htm

Yep I think that is the article I read, Marshaul shared the link sometime ago.

And I agree I hate both "parties", they are the same party with minor inconsequential differences.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Adam Baldwin (NOT one of the "Baldwin Brothers")

I liked Adam in the Firefly series and Serenity follow-on movie. Really like him in Chuck.

As for Stephen Baldwin (the youngest of the Baldwin Brothers): "Baldwin was a strong supporter of the McCain–Palin presidential ticket after Mike Huckabee dropped out of the 2008 presidential race. That same year, Baldwin threatened to move to Canada if Barack Obama was elected, and challenged the candidate to box for charity." - Stephen Baldwin: "Obama a Cultural Terrorist"

Still want to throw the baby (Baldwin) out with the bathwater?

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
I liked Adam in the Firefly series and Serenity follow-on movie. Really like him in Chuck.

As for Stephen Baldwin (the youngest of the Baldwin Brothers): "Baldwin was a strong supporter of the McCain–Palin presidential ticket after Mike Huckabee dropped out of the 2008 presidential race. That same year, Baldwin threatened to move to Canada if Barack Obama was elected, and challenged the candidate to box for charity." - Stephen Baldwin: "Obama a Cultural Terrorist"

Still want to throw the baby (Baldwin) out with the bathwater?

I wasn't aware that Stephen had broken step with his brothers. Good for him!