Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roster of government bodies that allow carry

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Roster of government bodies that allow carry

In the three meetings I've gone to, the assumption is that EVERY locality is going to post. Let's use this thread to post which cities are not going to force their buildings into killzones. Please provide a citation if possible.

Antigo - City
    Chippewa - County
    Delafield - City
    Delafield - Town
    Delavan - City
    Dodge - County
    Elkhorn - City
    Fort Atkinson - City
    Franklin - City
    Fredonia - Town
    Germantown - Village
    Green Bay - City
    Hudson - Town
    Ixonia - Town
    Kenosha - City
    Lisbon - Town
    Menomonee Falls
    Monroe - City
    Muskego - Public Library
    New Berlin - City
    St Croix - County
    Sauk City - Village
    Saukville
    Shawano - County
    Sturtevant - Village
    Union Grove - Village
    Vernon - County
    Washington - County
    Waukesha - City
    West Bend - City

State of Wisconsin (many buildings)
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 03-22-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Fixed formatting

City of Elkhorn considering not posting and allowing employee carry

No citation as of yet except for me personally witnessing the city council directing staff to prepare an ordinance that reads that way.

City of Delavam will not post

No cite (again) except committee directing staff to prepare ordinance that doesn't include posting. To be taken up 10/11.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Green Bay WON'T post.

OP might want to keep a compiled list in the first post. We should also all start checking our local townships/villages/city/county agendas and minutes. As October comes to an end, IF they don't have it on an agenda item, then they may be just going to let it slide, same as not posting. The reason I mention this is that when we have to address a town/village/city/county it would be very helpful to have a list of the other government bodies in the area that have decided to take "no action."

Carry On

City of West Bend will not post

They even are allowing their employees to now carry, as they repealed the section of the city employee handbook that banned employees from carrying weapons while on the job.

I don't have a cite, but was there personally and it was passed 6-2.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Thanks. TMJ4 seemed to conveniently bury this story to keep it off the front page it seems.

County of St. Croix

In an Administration Committee meeting the decision was not to post the county buildings. I do not have this in writing as of yet. I will keep watching for minutes to be posted. There was no story in our local paper either.

The Town of Delafield has chosen not to post restrictions or prohibitions regarding concealed carry. They have chosen to take no action on the issue.

I am on the Planning Commission and know this to be true, although I cannot find the details in the meeting minutes where this was discussed.

Fast Ed

City of Delafield newspaper article

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Ed View Post
    The Town of Delafield has chosen not to post restrictions or prohibitions regarding concealed carry. They have chosen to take no action on the issue.

I am on the Planning Commission and know this to be true, although I cannot find the details in the meeting minutes where this was discussed.

Fast Ed
    Ed, is this the same as the newspaper article sassie lassie posted or did the City and Town of Delafield both allow posting?

Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory - yet again

Why?...Why?Why?Why? - What is the value in drawing attention to cities that will not be posting? All you are doing is poking your finger in the eye of sleeping anti's. If you want to pat those cities/politicians on the back, wait until we are 6 months or more past November 1st and there is a record to demonstrate that the decision not to post has not led to firefights in these locales. If somebody is doing what you want - shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by apjonas View Post
    Why?...Why?Why?Why? - What is the value in drawing attention to cities that will not be posting? All you are doing is poking your finger in the eye of sleeping anti's. If you want to pat those cities/politicians on the back, wait until we are 6 months or more past November 1st and there is a record to demonstrate that the decision not to post has not led to firefights in these locales. If somebody is doing what you want - shut up!
    I thought of that, however, I have been to 2 separate city council meeting where the city attorney or chief of police states "Every city is banning firearms". I sucessfully rebutted that argument by showing evidence of it not being 'everyone'.

Unfortunately, I do not know of a private way of doing this.

On the way to work this morning, I heard on Kenosha Radio (AM 1050) that the city of Kenosha has decided not to post. The deciding factor was a recomendation by the city attorney due to the fact that by posting the city could be held liable and not posting = no liability. Said something about if they posted they would have to install metal dectors to avoid liablity....

I will search and post a link later today.

Outdoorsman1

Edited to add... Here's the link ...

http://www.kenoshanews.com/scripts/e...ocid=251030801

But you have to be a (paid ?) registered user to access it.... WTF..... I did not read the article as I am not a "Subscriber" but the headline reads....

Snip...

"Published October 11, 2011 | 6:34 p.m.
    Kenosha likely to forgo ban on guns in Municipal Building

KENOSHA — Though a proposal banning guns from the city’s Municipal Building appeared on last week’s City Council agenda, the matter was never considered, and this week the city looked unlikely to move forward on a gun ban.
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 10-12-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Chippewa County Board rejected ordinance prohibiting weapons

http://chippewa.com/news/local/article_3a6e4fd8-f4df-11e0-aa06-001cc4c03286.html

The board’s 14-11 rejection of the ordinance does not mean it is OK for concealed carry permit holders to carry weapons at the Chippewa County Courthouse. Corporation Counsel Jim Sherman pointed out that courthouses are specifically exempt in the concealed carry law; however, other county facilities are not.
    Board members Henry Shakal and Richard Pecha both pointed out that disgruntled people who for whatever reason were intent on doing violence would not be deterred by a prohibition on concealed weapons. But such people would know that the people inside the building would be unarmed due to the law.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up Common sense not dead in Chippewa county

Sounds like some sensible people on the county board!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

This list we have here are the municipalities that have voted NOT to ban.

What about all the municipalities that won't even bring the subject up, basically considering it a none issue. It would be a very long list it those were added.

Antigo

I talked to the mayor and the City of Antigo will not be posting. Also remember Langlade county will be posted.

Dodge County is not posting at this time. At their last meeting they decided to see what the State was going to do with their buildings and then look at it again at their December meeting. I am assuming that they will not post since the State isn't. I read it in the Watertown Daily Times but don't have link to the article.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Muskego Public Library

http://muskego.patch.com/articles/me...arry-e-readers

Not official, but it looks promising.
    Last edited by protias; 11-01-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast