• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Green Bay will NOT ban guns

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2011/...-green-bay-wont-ban-guns-from-city-buildings/

GREEN BAY, WI (WTAQ) - Don’t worry about taking your gun off when entering a Green Bay city building.

That’s after the council decided not to take action on an ordinance that would have banned guns and other weapons.

The council voted to receive and place on file a draft ordinance that would ban guns open or conceal carry except in city restrooms.

Alderman Chris Wery has been against banning guns since the beginning.

"If we ban guns inside city buildings and put up signs to that effect, really what do we accomplish, it lets the bad guys know they can operate in an environment where he know he’s the only armed person.” Wery said at Tuesday night’s council meeting.

“By passing this ordinance, you are restricting the law abiding citizens from exercising a right given to them under the constitution” said Brad Hopp from Green Bay who spoke against the ban.

Alderpersons voting against receiving and placing on file were Ned Dorff, Amy Kocha, and Dan Haefs. Haefs was on the committee that drafted the ordinance. Kocha and Dorff wanted to send the proposal back to committee to work through questions raised by other alderman and citizens.

Alderman Anthony Theisman says “we have people that have gun phobias, that’s all we have here.”

Wisconsin’s new conceal carry law legalizes carrying into certain city excluding police and county courthouse, but the state allowed individual municipalities to ban guns from their property.

protias

homer_woohoo.jpg

LaBomba

WOW! That is HUGE! Congratulations to the folks here that drove that victory! You delivered more than a one-city win: I think the fact that you made Green Bay a protected community will influence other local governments.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Dupe

you clearly did not read my post in the......City of Green Bay Proposed Carry Ban... I was at the meeting last night, spoke out against the ordinance & posted the good news last night well before the WTAQ news guys even knew about it.

Last edited:

Jesse

you clearly did not read my post in the......City of Green Bay Proposed Carry Ban... I was at the meeting last night, spoke out against the ordinance & posted the good news last night well before the WTAQ news guys even knew about it.

I like the title of this thread better lol... much "happier" vibe from it :)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
A WTAQ guy attends the council meetings so he was there last night....

That's possible, although from the lack of media attending last nights council meeting ( one reporter from WBAY & the other reporter from>? more than likely WTAQ although I though he was with the Press Gazette. I have been know to be wrong from time to time.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I like the title of this thread better lol... much "happier" vibe from it :)

I don't disagree with you, I was just saying that I had already posted this news in the original City of GB thread. It's all good :) I think this calls for one of those HUGE burgers @ Doxbee's in Seymour :)

Attachments

• DOXBEES BURGER.jpg
    DOXBEES BURGER.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

WOW! That is HUGE! Congratulations to the folks here that drove that victory! You delivered more than a one-city win: I think the fact that you made Green Bay a protected community will influence other local governments.

Thank you!
There were 4 of us last night who spoke out against this and no one spoke in support of it. The media coverage has been near zero from the beginning.
Many communities are discussing bans but few if any are considering blanket bans like the Green Bay P&W committee was originally proposing. I E-mailed all of the TV stations to let them know about this fact well over a week ago before the last committee meeting but they didn't care.

Jesse

I don't disagree with you, I was just saying that I had already posted this news in the original City of GB thread. It's all good :) I think this calls for one of those HUGE burgers @ Doxbee's in Seymour :)

wow, that burger looks awesome... I can hear my arteries clogging just looking at it... now that is American!!! lol

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
wow, that burger looks awesome... I can hear my arteries clogging just looking at it... now that is American!!! lol

I have had 2 of them so far. they are $20.00 each. If you can eat it with-in 30 minutes it's free & you get a...I ATE A DOXENATOR t-shirt. it's a food challenge. I play music @ wedding's at Doxbee's frequently, about 2 years ago I was talking with the owner about the TV show MAN vs FOOD , I told him he should do a giant burger food challenge so he did.

4.5 pounds of Angus beef , half pound of Bacon, a ton of Lettuce, tomato's, onions, American cheese served on a GIANT bun with a huge pickle on top..all of this on a bed of french fries.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm but there is NO way you can eat it in a half hour. I can eat Half of it then I am FULL..the rest goes home :)

if your interested in giving it a try. every weds they have a Taco bar but if you want the BIG BURGER you have to call ahead at least 24 hours > http://doxbees.com/

Last edited: