• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area OC Meet & Greet (Updated Regularly)

ImJustMylan

COME ONE COME ALL!!!

Next scheduled Charlotte Area Meet & Greet will be...
Saturday, October 22nd 2011 @ 4:00pm
Five Guys Burgers & Fries

North Crest Shopping Center

9749 Northlake Centre Parkway, Suite E
Charlotte, NC 28216

Phone: 704-596-2292
Fax: 704-596-2380

Message ImJustMylan for Current & Future RSVP

Current RSVP

User __________________Confirmed ______Possible

ImJustMylan.........................1
Large Caliber Kick..................1
ArmySoldier22 ......................1
REDFIVE48............................3
csaunders.................................................1
jeffrey xd45...............................................1
bettersafethansry...................1..................2

Have an idea?Post below for ideas on future OC Meet & Greets!

Last edited:

ArmySoldier22

The last one that we did that I attended was maybe just under 2 months ago. It was a small meet, 5 of us I believe. And it was at the Steak-n-Shake in Mooresville, which had great food lol. And they gave us the LEO discount, without asking us if we were Law Enforcement lol. If you want to do one, just set a time and place and give us all enough notice, and we'll see what happens. I'd imagine that the weekend is best for most people, but I could be wrong.

David

Last edited:

ImJustMylan

Concord

The last one that we did that I attended was maybe just under 2 months ago. It was a small meet, 5 of us I believe. And it was at the Steak-n-Shake in Mooresville, which had great food lol. And they gave us the LEO discount, without asking us if we were Law Enforcement lol. If you want to do one, just set a time and place and give us all enough notice, and we'll see what happens. I'd imagine that the weekend is best for most people, but I could be wrong.

David

Maybe Next Saturday October 15th 2011 in Concord, maybe the Starbucks on Concord Mills Blvd

The only restaurants that don't serve alcohol in that area are:

:arrow:Five Guys Burgers & Fries
:arrow:Steak n Shake
:arrow:Cracker Barrel
:arrow:Zaxby's

ArmySoldier22

Maybe Next Saturday October 15th 2011 in Concord, maybe the Starbucks on Concord Mills Blvd

The only restaurants that don't serve alcohol in that area are:

:arrow:Five Guys Burgers & Fries
:arrow:Steak n Shake
:arrow:Cracker Barrel
:arrow:Zaxby's

As far as I can tell right now, I'd be down for that. I've never carried into a starbucks before, so that'd be a new one for me. But then again, I don't drink coffee, so I haven't been in one in a long time lol. As far as the restaurants go, i'd be good for any of those too. It's just too bad we have to avoid any at all. I can't wait until that's overturned someday. If I'm not living in Virginia by then lol.

ImJustMylan

NICE!!! Im one of those poeple that if I decide to drink.. I lock my gun up like it was Fort Knox anyway. I even empty out my mags. Being drunk with a gun is 5 times worse than drinking and driving (in my opinion)

So I guess all we need to do is figure out where.. I think concord is a nice place. Either there or the Ballantyne area.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Mylan,

Good to see a new face around here. ArmySoldier was right the last meet was close to two months ago and the head count was five. Maybe we can get a better turnout this time. I don't have a preferance on the restaurant, and will attend providing my wallet will allow for it. Looking forward to seeing you both.

ArmySoldier22

NICE!!! Im one of those poeple that if I decide to drink.. I lock my gun up like it was Fort Knox anyway. I even empty out my mags. Being drunk with a gun is 5 times worse than drinking and driving (in my opinion)

So I guess all we need to do is figure out where.. I think concord is a nice place. Either there or the Ballantyne area.

Responsible thing to do. Carrying wont do much good against a bad guy if you're seeing two of them. However, it would be nice to atleast be in a restaurant that serves. And as far as places go.. I wonder if this Steak n Shake would give us an LEO discount too if a bunch of us walked in lol. And they have decent prices. I've never been to 5 guys, but I've always heard good things about it.

csaunders

Oh man I can't wait for my 30 days for my gun permit. I want to attend one of these get together's but Mecklenburg is taking forever on my permit.

ArmySoldier22

Oh man I can't wait for my 30 days for my gun permit. I want to attend one of these get together's but Mecklenburg is taking forever on my permit.

You should show up anyway. It'd be a great way for you to see others carrying and hear some stories. I know the first meetup that I went to, it was a huge relief actually seeing other people carrying with my own eyes. Makes you feel better about doing it yourself.

csaunders

You should show up anyway. It'd be a great way for you to see others carrying and hear some stories. I know the first meetup that I went to, it was a huge relief actually seeing other people carrying with my own eyes. Makes you feel better about doing it yourself.

Oh I may just do that. I plan on buying my first handgun at eagle guns in Concord. First time handgun owner and feeling the welcome already.

REDFIVE48

Sat the 15th works for me currently, would prefer someplace that actually serves food over a Starbucks (Five Guys and Steak and Shake work).

Csaunders - why not try and borrow a friends or relatives pistol, don't need a permit for that!

ArmySoldier22

So we're up to 4 people "as long as our situations allow for when the time comes. lol", possibly 5. And thats after 1 day, so we're already off to a better start than last time lol. Maybe we can double our number.

ImJustMylan

Sat the 15th works for me currently, would prefer someplace that actually serves food over a Starbucks (Five Guys and Steak and Shake work)............!

LOL.. funny thing is... Starbucks and Five Guys are right next door to each other literally. LOL...

ImJustMylan

I think it only took 2-3 days before they told me my permits were ready to pick up @ the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office. Might want to call and give them a buzz to find out what the status is. We still would love for you to come out and hang with fellow OC'ers if you like...

ArmySoldier22

I think it only took 2-3 days before they told me my permits were ready to pick up @ the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office. Might want to call and give them a buzz to find out what the status is. We still would love for you to come out and hang with fellow OC'ers if you like...

With Mecklenburg it's usually a toss up on wait time for permits. Mine literally took less than half an hour. I walked in, gave her my DL i think, paid the $5, and less than 30 minutes later I was walking out with my PPP. But some people end up waiting the whole 30 days. But yeah, you're more than welcome to show up. It'd be good if we managed to get a decent size turn-out this time. Although I don't think we'll ever get one as big as the ones they hold out east lol.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Set a firm time and place, start a new thread, get a sticky - they will come!

When you decide in the middle of a thread, it is lost and buried + no sticky.

ArmySoldier22

Good advice from the expert as always lol. ImJustMylan, if you start the new thread with the set time and place as Grapeshot mentioned, we can move the discussions over there

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Don't forget to link the new thread here to direct those that have been following this one.

Generally, we have found that discussing when, where etc. gets as many opinions as people that respond - very difficult to reach a consensus. When you do get together for this one, keep the names/contacts of those that attend. Then next time you can select a "committee" to query as to where to go - same place or new? Then make your announcement & get that magic sticky.

The Greater Richmond group has an OC breakfast every Sat that ranges in size from 3 or 4 to nearly two dozen, average is about 8. Frequently held at the same place.

Also a long standing OC dinner is planned once each month (2nd Tues.) that brings out 15 to 200+ (that was unusual!!) We alternate from one side of town to the other.

Good luck - have fun and come see us. :D

This is how we announce, keep track of who is coming for the dinners and keep the enthusiasm up. We do not do this for the breakfasts unless is a very special, really big one.
Peruse the whole thread if you wish, but at least look at post #28
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...nd-Area-October-OC-Dinner-10-11-at-7-pm/page2

Last edited:

ImJustMylan

Only problem is I don't have sufficient privileges to make this a sticky. I have updated the first post. This threat in itself can be made a sticky. (save room)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Only problem is I don't have sufficient privileges to make this a sticky. I have updated the first post. This thread in itself can be made a sticky. (save room)

Done.

Generally you are better with a separate thread for each new event - saves wading through what will eventually become a long and disjointed, but whatever you prefer.