• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment Day in Elko County

wrangler

Forum members,

First allow me to introduce myself. I am Warren Russell, Elko County Commissioner for over 10 years. I am term limited and do not intend to run for another office so this is not a political appeal to promote myself. I have a very strong commitment to the Constitution and the rights we have as citizens. I have had ccw for a number of years. I am a SASS shooter.

I will be introducing a proclamation to establish October 19, Wednsday, as 2nd Amendment Day in Elko County, Nevada. I believe that I have the support of my fellow commissioners. Our commission building is separate from the court house so anyone may legally open carry in the Commission Chambers. Anyone near here or passing through is welcome to join us for this day. We open the meeting with a public comment period and then this item will be the first on the agenda at approximately 1:35 PM.

Our Commission is very conservative and supportive of the U.S. Constitution. For example I have been reading through the Declaration of Independence (My ancestor was Joseph Hewes from North Carolina, a signer of the Declaration) at the beginning of each commission meeting for the past few months and tomorrow I will begin reading through the Constitution, one paragraph at a time, at the Commission meetings.

I don't know if any of you live in North East Nevada but if you do consider yourselves invited. I found this site a few weeks ago and I enjoy the posts the members make.

Warren Russell
If you are passing through--give me a holler and we'll have coffee together. 775-738-5398 office

varminter22

Most excellent! I commend you, sir!

Also, I hope you don't mind that I immediately forwarded to my Churchill County Commissioners. I hope we can plagiarize your idea!

J. L. Rhodes

P. S. I believe we briefly met while we both testified in opposition to CCW fee increases (AB-21) in the 2007 legislature. Glad to see you here!