• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McMaster University - Canadian gun control has no effect on homicide rate

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/control+Homicide+linked+Study/5503108/story.html

SNIP

"No significant beneficial associations between firearms legislation and homicide or spousal homicide rates were found," reads the abstract on the study . . . To be published in an upcoming issue of the peerreviewed Journal of Interpersonal Violence, the study took historical statistics on Canadian firearm homicides and compared them to three key pieces of Canadian firearms legislation. . . ."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The point is made throughout the article that gun control laws don't work.

A very strange quote from the "other side" in that article:

A 1993 study from the New Jersey-based Centre for the Study of Suicide found that "restricting easy access to lethal methods of suicide may assist in reducing suicide."

Excuse me! Are there any non-lethal methods of suicide? :banghead: