• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jenny Wiley Fest - Open Carry Exhibition

neuroblades

It's that time of the year once again and Jenny Wiley Fest has rolled around. In the spirit of trying to help get new gun owner's out there OC'ing, I took my friend out in Prestonsburg while the crowds weren't yet too large to get him used to OC'ing in public. If you're new to gun ownership or just not used to OC'ing, it can be a a nervous issue for some. That's why I advocate those of us that are used to OC'ing, help out those that aren't yet used to it to help get them out there and get them used to carrying.

My friend and I spent about 2 hours roaming around Prestonsburg early Wednesday evening while OC'ing. He's had his sidearm for about a year but had never really OC'ed much at all. When I asked him why he hadn't been OC'ng he told me that he was still afraid to OC for fear of the LEO encounters and such. That's what got me on the ball and advocating helping out those new carriers among us.

If you're in or around the Prestonsburg this coming weekend (Oct. 5th - Oct. 8th), please feel free to come out and exhibit your 2nd Amendment Rights! Come out and OC with us during the Jenny Wiley Fest in Prestonsburg! :)

If you happen to be out and about during this year's Jenny Wiley Fest and see a fellow OC'er, walk up and introduce yourself, it's a good way to make new friends and who knows, perhaps a life long friend even! :)

I look forward to seeing many OC'ers out there this weekend! Carry On!

neuroblades

Well, thus far, I've yet to see even one other OC'er out there during the JW Fest. :( There have been no negative encounters with LE so far and that's the way it should be. :) So far, I've taken one new OC'er out into the public and helped to introduce them to the great free that legal OC affords us in Kentucky and hopefully by doing so, they will soon start to be bold enough to OC on their own ina few more outings.