• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus 24/7 G2 questions.

csaunders

Hey guys,

I was at a local gun shop in Concord when i came across the taurus 24/7 G2 9mm for $385. He told me that you will get what you pay for and that I should get
the Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm. Has anyone have experiance with the Taurus 24/7 G2?

ArmySoldier22

Hey guys,

I was at a local gun shop in Concord when i came across the taurus 24/7 G2 9mm for $385. He told me that you will get what you pay for and that I should get
the Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm. Has anyone have experiance with the Taurus 24/7 G2?

I shot it once, and it's a decent weapon. Didn't really stand out performance wise for me, and I don't have anything horrible to say about it. It did jam on me twice though, but jamming can have a lot to do with the magazine sometimes. I can't even count how many times I've had an M16 jam on me because of ****** magazines... But anyway, back to your gun. To me, it didn't quite feel right in my hands. It just didn't seem like the balance was right. But the problem with asking for advice on what gun to buy, is that it's different for almost every person. For example, i Love glocks for the durability and the fact that after thousands of rounds, I've never had a jam. I can throw it in water and sand and pick it up and shoot it. BUT, it doesn't feel right to some people, therefore it might not be a great choice for them. Of course, most guns have aftermarket grips and things that you can buy. What I would suggest, is going to a gun shop with a range and renting the weapons that you're interested in, and seeing what you like best. I'm not saying don't research the technical side though lol, because a weapon may feel great in your hands, and it may feel just right when you're firing rounds down range, but if it has known issues with constantly jamming, it may not be the best choice for self defense. So test-fire and do research and find what weapon meets in the middle for you. Keep in mind that as far as self defense goes, I wouldn't go any smaller than a 9mm though. I personally carry a .40

Also, when doing your research don't take every person that claims they've had a weapon jam on them so that gun is horrible, seriously. Try to look for reviews and posts by someone who's been shooting for awhile. Because the biggest reason that pistols jam on new shooters, is that they're holding the gun too losely.

I know this isn't an exact answer for what you're asking, but I hope it helps a little.

csaunders

Thanks, I did some research and it's not bad at all. Some claim the jamming is due to the packing grease and should be cleaned out thoroughly and lightly oiled.
I may get the 24/7 due to it not hitting my pocket so hard. After said and done it would have cost me about $1000 for the Px4 Storm and I could shave off about 250-300 dollars going with the Taurus.

spiderjohn

Thanks, I did some research and it's not bad at all. Some claim the jamming is due to the packing grease and should be cleaned out thoroughly and lightly oiled.
I may get the 24/7 due to it not hitting my pocket so hard. After said and done it would have cost me about $1000 for the Px4 Storm and I could shave off about 250-300 dollars going with the Taurus.

Doesn't matter what people say...rent several different guns from your local shooting range and find what feels good for you and what you shoot well. I tried Glocks but they didn't do it for me. I went with the Springfield XDc .45. Just remember a salesman would love for you to buy a $1000 gun over a $300 one.

k-town river rat

Taurus guns are hit and miss. Some are fine and will not give you any problems. I had a PT 111 and a PT 145. Both of them had problems with jamming. I think it was because of the magazines. Taurus replaced them but neither gun was 100%. They would jam about every other mag. I sold them both and bought me a Glock 19 and never looked back.

It is also hard to find acc. and holsters for Taurus guns.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have two Taurus guns. A PT1911 and a Millennium Pro in .40. Both guns have been really reliable. I think a lot of the older Taurus guns had problems. Within the last few years they have started manufacturing all of the parts in-house leading to a more reliable gun. I would look into when the gun was manufactured. It is a little tougher to find holsters for Taurus guns but you'll find several if you spend 20 minutes on Google.

ImJustMylan

I think I have to shoot a Taurus or two. I was thinking about getting a little p shooter for my ankle.

carry for myself

i havnt had much exp with the G2. had a 24-7 OSS last year. loved it. had more than my fair share of milleniums in my time. .loved them , had a horror story with a PT92AF.........still loved it.

they are reliable enough to carry for SD. pretty accurate and work well. no matter what people say. they ARE good guns. and they are backed by the absolute best warantee in the business, even inf you buy second hand and used. taurus will honor the warantee. so if it brakes. they will fix it usually no charge whatsoever. i would say in my opinion, go for it. :)

whatever you do though. NEVER buy a milllenium gen 1. they have this horrible safety issue where if the trigger has ANY pressure on it whatsoever, when you engage the safety it ill not engage and WILL fire whatever chambered round is in it if the trigger is pulled. best way to test this at the gun shop. check if weapon is clear, pull the trigger to release slack, engage safety, put bic pen in barrel, aim up , pull trigger, if the pen flys up and hits the celing, run like heck. if not your golden :-D *they fixed this issue in alot of the later gen 1's and every generation after :)

Last edited:

csaunders

Sounds like i will get the Taurus. Talked to the Taurus guy in Florida and he assured me that i will not regret the weapon.

JayT

I'll echo pretty much what everyone else has said... Get what feels right for your hand and wallet. I'm currently carrying a 24/7 .45 (not G2), no problems whatsoever... as long as I keep it clean, I have zero trouble... after about 300-400 rounds, it *might* start FTF, but not before then.