Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: NVFC Members and State Sen. John Lee met with NLV officials

  1. #1
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950

    NVFC Members and State Sen. John Lee met with NLV officials

    Looks like work is underway with regard to firearms transport in N Las Vegas. Read the story on the NV Firearms Coalition web site.

    http://www.nvfac.org/nvfac-news.html

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    I got an error when I clicked it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I got an error when I clicked it.
    Hmmm! it's in the members section. I'm guessing you have to be a member and log in first. I don't want to copy and paste it here without permission.

    It says that Sen John Lee along with Don Turner and John Cahill of NV Firearms Coalition met with the City Attorney's office and Police Dept to talk about getting rid of the City Ordinance against the transportaion of "Dangerous Weapons" in NLV. The next step it says is that they are going to meet with the City Manager. The artilcle does not talk about any results of the meeting. It states the goal is to make all firearms laws equal throughout the state.




    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    is NLV in Lee's district?

    If not, is Lee on any committees which NLV cares about (that is, any that they get money from)?

    Unfortunately, that's what it will likely boil down to.

    Looking at the bright side, the NFC is actually trying to get something done, and the NLV officials took the time to meet with them.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    is NLV in Lee's district?

    If not, is Lee on any committees which NLV cares about (that is, any that they get money from)?

    Unfortunately, that's what it will likely boil down to.

    Looking at the bright side, the NFC is actually trying to get something done, and the NLV officials took the time to meet with them.
    Oh, good grief.

    Can you not find anything positive?

    Why not do a li'l research on your own and determine Senator Lee's district?

    But thanks for noticing the positive actions of the NFC, NLV officials and Senator Lee.
    Last edited by varminter22; 10-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    However, for the record, yes, Senator Lee lives in, and represents (a portion of) North Las Vegas. Official Nevada Legislature biography: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Senate/Cu...nators/Lee.pdf

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by varminter22 View Post
    Oh, good grief.

    Can you not find anything positive?
    Oh, good grief.

    Can't you recognize it when you see it?

    Have you been swilling NRA Kool-Aid so long that, not only do you think they can do no wrong, but that the rest of us can do no right?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    Oh, good grief.

    Can't you recognize it when you see it?

    Have you been swilling NRA Kool-Aid so long that, not only do you think they can do no wrong, but that the rest of us can do no right?
    Nope, not it at all. It is just that you can't see.

    All YOU see, is "NRA is bad," so NFC can't be good. You refuse to even acknowledge that they are headed in the directions you did say you want to see, yet you persist in complaining about what you do not like. Isn't it difficult to remain that grumpy all the time?

    Well, you DID acknowledge what NFC was doing....after sticking your foot in your mouth about Lee....... Do you NOW know who and where he is?



    As for the portion of your comments that I put in bold, where has varminter presented the view that you claim is his? Has he ever presented some view that "the rest of us can do no right?"
    Last edited by wrightme; 10-07-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Nope, not it at all. It is just that you can't see.

    All YOU see, is "NRA is bad," so NFC can't be good. You refuse to even acknowledge that they are headed in the directions you did say you want to see, yet you persist in complaining about what you do not like. Isn't it difficult to remain that grumpy all the time?

    Well, you DID acknowledge what NFC was doing....after sticking your foot in your mouth about Lee....... Do you NOW know who and where he is?



    As for the portion of your comments that I put in bold, where has varminter presented the view that you claim is his? Has he ever presented some view that "the rest of us can do no right?"
    wrightme; We all would like to believe. If you have undisputible facts, or any evidence that might overturn our experiences, please lay it out.
    I thought dvc's post was fair and balanced. I also know that they, the NFC has approached us square, and we need to respect that. At the same time DVC, myself and others, seems to be trying to Give them a chance. In spite of the past.



    All that being said, there are some things that smell like last weeks socks, when you blame us for trying to hunt down the smell than you are not doing us, the gun community, or yourself any favors:

    I belive that Bob, Don, and the NRA deserve the opportunity to "wake up" to open carry, I still do not want to be taken by a scheme. (not alleging, just caution)

    I am concerned about the "sudden" acceptance to open carry by these guys, and I think its valid. To date I have heard no testimony, or proof, as to why they are suddenly Courting us, when a couple of years ago we were "extremists" and "showoff's"

    They have had years worth of opportunity to go to NLV and pettition who they needed to. You don't need an organization for that. Why have they not brought this issue up in their many "Gun expert" interviews." Going to NLV after ignoring it for years seems like they are motivated by something "all the sudden."

    So Bob Irwin owns a gun range, and store. He may still be partners in another, where the XXX star died. I do not know.

    Apparently Don Turner is/ or was, the MGR. of the Clark County Shooting Park. He would have gained credibility with me had he disclosed this. (he did say he helped designed it)

    Name TURNER DONALD
    Position SR REC/CULT PROG ADMIN
    Clark County
    Year 2010
    Base Pay $55,016.04
    Overtime and
    Callback Collected $513.06
    Other Pay $18,722.26
    Total Pay $74,251.36
    Benefits Accumulated $17,859.41
    Total Pay & Benefits $92,110.77

    Source: www.transparantnevada.com
    So, we have a person, Don. Who works, or did, for Clark County, Is he going to fight them on registration?

    We have another, Bob Who answers to Clark County, registration Dept. admitted friend of the Sheriff, is he going in the trenches?

    That leaves the boys up North, Who we all like and and admire, "Stillwater" (But have not been a mile in the Clark County Shoes) To recruite, (so it seems) But their voice is limited as varmenter was given a Title, but no position on the Board.
    http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/Cor...FgBQ%253d%253d

    To Bobs defense, I Must add, He ran for office, That is a HUGE commitment, and it might just mean that he is ready to get political. Working a Campaign will give one some insight in the matter.

    I have to ask, myself, did these business men all of the sudden notice our rights?

    Could this be a "private grab" of the nearly defunct Clark County Shooting park?

    wrightme: I am having a tough time understanding, is the animosity directed to a reasoned man asking a reasoned question.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    That leaves the boys up North, Who we all like and and admire, "Stillwater" (But have not been a mile in the Clark County Shoes) To recruite, (so it seems) But their voice is limited as varmenter was given a Title, but no position on the Board. .
    Huh? What is it you are attempting to say there? Which board?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Huh? What is it you are attempting to say there? Which board?
    Right after the sentence you copied I posted a link, If you Click on the link it will show the organization, and the four board members.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    Right after the sentence you copied I posted a link, If you Click on the link it will show the organization, and the four board members.
    Oh, for the NFC board? The best method to get the response would be to ask him, instead of assuming something.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Oh, for the NFC board? The best method to get the response would be to ask him, instead of assuming something.
    I assumed nothing, I did my research so you would not be rude to me like Larry was to DVC.
    I went to the secratary of state wbsite and looked up the entity. if you do that you see that Larry is not a Board member, Once again, just for you: http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/Cor...FgBQ%253d%253d

    There are the movers and shakers of that non- profit. at the end of the day they call the shots and nobody else.

    You keep saying,
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Oh, for the NFC board? The best method to get the response would be to ask him, instead of assuming something.


    If Larry is Mentioned in the by-laws, that would be up to them to produce (as they should prior to asking for money)
    Last edited by DON`T TREAD ON ME; 10-08-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Got two guys mixed up

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    I AM on the NFC Board of Directors. See: http://www.nvfac.org/divisions-and-b...directors.html

    BOARD OF DIRECTORS
    Don Turner, President
    Bob Irwin, First Vice President
    Larry Carroll, Vice President Legislative Affairs Division
    Megan Ferrante, Secretary
    Joe. O. Luby III, Treasurer
    Larry Rhodes, Northwest Area Director
    Clyde Drake, Northeast Area Director
    Terry Farr, Southern Area Director
    J.M. White, Competitive Division Director
    Greg Ferrante, Communications Division Director
    David Famiglietti, Range & Retail Division Director
    Matt Supnick, Education & Training Division Director
    Gordon Warren, Conservation Division Director

    The NV SecState website simply does not list all directors.

    Same thing for Stillwater Firearms Association - the SecState website only lists four of the seven directors.

    As for "rudeness," if I came across as rude, I apologize. However, there has been a quite lengthy discussion in which I have slightly disagreed with DVC's comments. In a nutshell, I grew tired of "The NRA is bad so therefore the NFC will be bad."

    And I continue to believe we should all give this new outfit a fighting chance. Enough speculation without concrete facts.

    We must all work toward our common goal.

    Oh, by the way, the NFC Bylaws are available at http://www.nvfac.org/documents-and-papers.html but I don't know if you must be a logged in member to view.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I assumed nothing
    Yes, you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTOM
    You keep saying,
    To ask them. Yes, I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTOM
    If Larry is Mentioned in the by-laws, that would be up to them to produce (as they should prior to asking for money)
    OR, ask him/them, so you don't assume.
    Best to ASK them. Like I have repeated several times, as it seems it doesn't get done. But, asking them would clear up much of what is being passed out here.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  16. #16
    28kfps
    Guest
    My $.02 is when the politicians are caught up in gun issues there is only one organization that is talked about to be a threat and that has been the NRA. I am of the opinion the only reason we do have what little rights we have is because of the NRA. Yes, some for their actions over the years has really pissed me off. With that said, I have belonged to the NRA since the mid 60s and a life member.

    I was not going to jump in with my NRA opinion. NRA has made some real bonehead moves over the past years and I can understand the dislike and who cares about my opinion anyways; nor am I taken sides on this string however, the best fuel for the anti gunners would be to see the pro gun advocates starting to battle each other. Discussions, debates, sharing opinions and disagreements is obviously going to happen however, we do not want to show weakness or splintering of support among gun supporters.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    927
    Well said, 28kfps. I agree.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    All YOU see, is "NRA is bad," so NFC can't be good.
    Wrong twice.

    I don't see the NRA as being bad (usually), they just aren't as good as they claim to be.

    If NFC consistently does good things, they are good. This is a good start. What they do next (and next, and next) will show us the overall trend.

    You refuse to even acknowledge that they are headed in the directions you did say you want to see,
    Were you public schooled? I can find no other explanation for your failure to understand that the phrase "the NFC is actually trying to get something done" is the acknowledgement that you claim I refuse to give. Admittedly, I am surprised, but I'll take surprises like this all day long.

    Well, you DID acknowledge what NFC was doing....after sticking your foot in your mouth about Lee
    I brought up a point that I wanted others to consider. If you want to condemn me because you missed it, that's your problem, not mine.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I assumed nothing, I did my research so you would not be rude to me like Larry was to DVC.
    For the record, I didn't consider varminter's comments to be rude. He and I disagree about things, but I see only open sparring, not rudeness. I also hope I'm not coming across as rude.

    I consider varminter to be an ally in the big battle -- we are arguing about how it should be waged and whether his new club is an effective tool to be counted on or not.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    My $.02 is when the politicians are caught up in gun issues there is only one organization that is talked about to be a threat and that has been the NRA. I am of the opinion the only reason we do have what little rights we have is because of the NRA.
    The NRA is "talked about to be a threat" by the mainstream media.

    The same mainstream media that thinks that we shouldn't have guns, that paints us all as ignorant drunken rednecks who are looking for a place and time to snap and become mass murderers, is telling the world how afraid they are of the NRA, but refusing to admit that the SAF, SAS, JAFO, GOA etc even exist.

    I can hear them pleading "Oh, don't throw me in that NRA briar patch!!!"

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    the best fuel for the anti gunners would be to see the pro gun advocates starting to battle each other. Discussions, debates, sharing opinions and disagreements is obviously going to happen however, we do not want to show weakness or splintering of support among gun supporters.
    Why not?

    "Splintering" won CCW for Arizona.

    "Splintering" put the Heller case before the Supreme Court, and WON it.

    In fact, if you look back, I can't find a single major military or political campaign in history which was won by consensus. Quite a few have been LOST that way, but none won.

    The NRA isn't Patton, it's more of a Bedell Smith. Or a better example would be John DeWitt, who "went along to get along" to remain in political favor.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    Wrong twice.

    I don't see the NRA as being bad (usually), they just aren't as good as they claim to be.
    Yet you IMMEDIATELY badmouthed the new org as an NRA shill, as your main argument against them. Does not that inidcate "NRA = bad?"


    Quote Originally Posted by DVC
    If NFC consistently does good things, they are good. This is a good start. What they do next (and next, and next) will show us the overall trend.
    So, what metric will YOU use? So far, it seems to be "they do what DVC wants done, in the way DVC wants it done, as long it isn't the way the NRA does it."


    Quote Originally Posted by DVC
    Were you public schooled? I can find no other explanation for your failure to understand that the phrase "the NFC is actually trying to get something done" is the acknowledgement that you claim I refuse to give. Admittedly, I am surprised, but I'll take surprises like this all day long.
    What difference would that make in your eyes? Are you also anti-public school?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVC
    I brought up a point that I wanted others to consider. If you want to condemn me because you missed it, that's your problem, not mine.
    You brought up a "point" with no basis in facts. Facts that should be evident to anyone following NV legislative processes.
    Last edited by wrightme; 10-09-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  23. #23
    28kfps
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    The NRA is "talked about to be a threat" by the mainstream media.

    The same mainstream media that thinks that we shouldn't have guns, that paints us all as ignorant drunken rednecks who are looking for a place and time to snap and become mass murderers, is telling the world how afraid they are of the NRA, but refusing to admit that the SAF, SAS, JAFO, GOA etc even exist.

    I can hear them pleading "Oh, don't throw me in that NRA briar patch!!!"
    Yep mainstream media never been any help. Why do you suppose the mainstream media does not talk about the other groups as a threat to anti gun issues?

  24. #24
    28kfps
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    Why not?

    "Splintering" won CCW for Arizona.

    "Splintering" put the Heller case before the Supreme Court, and WON it.

    In fact, if you look back, I can't find a single major military or political campaign in history which was won by consensus. Quite a few have been LOST that way, but none won.

    The NRA isn't Patton, it's more of a Bedell Smith. Or a better example would be John DeWitt, who "went along to get along" to remain in political favor.
    You seam to enjoy taking thing's to extreme. I agree checks and balances are needed and to go along to get along brings out the worse of both sides. Constructive push back is important. However if the pro gun groups give any indication of on going or serious in fighting the main stream media will be all over the issue.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Yet you IMMEDIATELY badmouthed the new org as an NRA shill, as your main argument against them. Does not that inidcate "NRA = bad?"
    No, that indicates that any group associated with the NRA is suspect, because NRA isn't as good as many claim it to be, such as those who credit the NRA with the major advances made in gun rights over the last several years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •