• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NVFC Members and State Sen. John Lee met with NLV officials

The Big Guy

I got an error when I clicked it.

Hmmm! it's in the members section. I'm guessing you have to be a member and log in first. I don't want to copy and paste it here without permission.

It says that Sen John Lee along with Don Turner and John Cahill of NV Firearms Coalition met with the City Attorney's office and Police Dept to talk about getting rid of the City Ordinance against the transportaion of "Dangerous Weapons" in NLV. The next step it says is that they are going to meet with the City Manager. The artilcle does not talk about any results of the meeting. It states the goal is to make all firearms laws equal throughout the state.

TBG

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
is NLV in Lee's district?

If not, is Lee on any committees which NLV cares about (that is, any that they get money from)?

Unfortunately, that's what it will likely boil down to.

Looking at the bright side, the NFC is actually trying to get something done, and the NLV officials took the time to meet with them.

varminter22

is NLV in Lee's district?

If not, is Lee on any committees which NLV cares about (that is, any that they get money from)?

Unfortunately, that's what it will likely boil down to.

Looking at the bright side, the NFC is actually trying to get something done, and the NLV officials took the time to meet with them.
Oh, good grief.

Can you not find anything positive?

Why not do a li'l research on your own and determine Senator Lee's district?

But thanks for noticing the positive actions of the NFC, NLV officials and Senator Lee.

Last edited:

wrightme

Oh, good grief.

Can't you recognize it when you see it?

Have you been swilling NRA Kool-Aid so long that, not only do you think they can do no wrong, but that the rest of us can do no right?

Nope, not it at all. It is just that you can't see.

All YOU see, is "NRA is bad," so NFC can't be good. You refuse to even acknowledge that they are headed in the directions you did say you want to see, yet you persist in complaining about what you do not like. Isn't it difficult to remain that grumpy all the time?

Well, you DID acknowledge what NFC was doing....after sticking your foot in your mouth about Lee....... Do you NOW know who and where he is?

As for the portion of your comments that I put in bold, where has varminter presented the view that you claim is his? Has he ever presented some view that "the rest of us can do no right?"

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Nope, not it at all. It is just that you can't see.

All YOU see, is "NRA is bad," so NFC can't be good. You refuse to even acknowledge that they are headed in the directions you did say you want to see, yet you persist in complaining about what you do not like. Isn't it difficult to remain that grumpy all the time?

Well, you DID acknowledge what NFC was doing....after sticking your foot in your mouth about Lee....... Do you NOW know who and where he is?

As for the portion of your comments that I put in bold, where has varminter presented the view that you claim is his? Has he ever presented some view that "the rest of us can do no right?"

wrightme; We all would like to believe. If you have undisputible facts, or any evidence that might overturn our experiences, please lay it out.
I thought dvc's post was fair and balanced. I also know that they, the NFC has approached us square, and we need to respect that. At the same time DVC, myself and others, seems to be trying to Give them a chance. In spite of the past.

All that being said, there are some things that smell like last weeks socks, when you blame us for trying to hunt down the smell than you are not doing us, the gun community, or yourself any favors:

I belive that Bob, Don, and the NRA deserve the opportunity to "wake up" to open carry, I still do not want to be taken by a scheme. (not alleging, just caution)

I am concerned about the "sudden" acceptance to open carry by these guys, and I think its valid. To date I have heard no testimony, or proof, as to why they are suddenly Courting us, when a couple of years ago we were "extremists" and "showoff's"

They have had years worth of opportunity to go to NLV and pettition who they needed to. You don't need an organization for that. Why have they not brought this issue up in their many "Gun expert" interviews." Going to NLV after ignoring it for years seems like they are motivated by something "all the sudden."

So Bob Irwin owns a gun range, and store. He may still be partners in another, where the XXX star died. I do not know.

Apparently Don Turner is/ or was, the MGR. of the Clark County Shooting Park. He would have gained credibility with me had he disclosed this. (he did say he helped designed it)

Name TURNER DONALD
Position SR REC/CULT PROG ADMIN
Clark County
Year 2010
Base Pay $55,016.04
Overtime and
Callback Collected $513.06
Other Pay $18,722.26
Total Pay $74,251.36
Benefits Accumulated $17,859.41
Total Pay & Benefits $92,110.77

Source: www.transparantnevada.com
So, we have a person, Don. Who works, or did, for Clark County, Is he going to fight them on registration?

We have another, Bob Who answers to Clark County, registration Dept. admitted friend of the Sheriff, is he going in the trenches?

That leaves the boys up North, Who we all like and and admire, "Stillwater" (But have not been a mile in the Clark County Shoes) To recruite, (so it seems) But their voice is limited as varmenter was given a Title, but no position on the Board.
http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=xk8iVmTnzJwhvuiJ1TFgBQ%3d%3d

To Bobs defense, I Must add, He ran for office, That is a HUGE commitment, and it might just mean that he is ready to get political. Working a Campaign will give one some insight in the matter.

I have to ask, myself, did these business men all of the sudden notice our rights?

Could this be a "private grab" of the nearly defunct Clark County Shooting park?

wrightme: I am having a tough time understanding, is the animosity directed to a reasoned man asking a reasoned question.

wrightme

That leaves the boys up North, Who we all like and and admire, "Stillwater" (But have not been a mile in the Clark County Shoes) To recruite, (so it seems) But their voice is limited as varmenter was given a Title, but no position on the Board. .

Huh? What is it you are attempting to say there? Which board?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Oh, for the NFC board? The best method to get the response would be to ask him, instead of assuming something.

I assumed nothing, I did my research so you would not be rude to me like Larry was to DVC.
I went to the secratary of state wbsite and looked up the entity. if you do that you see that Larry is not a Board member, Once again, just for you: http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=xk8iVmTnzJwhvuiJ1TFgBQ%3d%3d

There are the movers and shakers of that non- profit. at the end of the day they call the shots and nobody else.

You keep saying,
Oh, for the NFC board? The best method to get the response would be to ask him, instead of assuming something.

If Larry is Mentioned in the by-laws, that would be up to them to produce (as they should prior to asking for money)

Last edited:

varminter22

I AM on the NFC Board of Directors. See: http://www.nvfac.org/divisions-and-board-of-directors.html

BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Don Turner, President
Bob Irwin, First Vice President
Larry Carroll, Vice President Legislative Affairs Division
Megan Ferrante, Secretary
Joe. O. Luby III, Treasurer
Larry Rhodes, Northwest Area Director
Clyde Drake, Northeast Area Director
Terry Farr, Southern Area Director
J.M. White, Competitive Division Director
Greg Ferrante, Communications Division Director
David Famiglietti, Range & Retail Division Director
Matt Supnick, Education & Training Division Director
Gordon Warren, Conservation Division Director

The NV SecState website simply does not list all directors.

Same thing for Stillwater Firearms Association - the SecState website only lists four of the seven directors.

As for "rudeness," if I came across as rude, I apologize. However, there has been a quite lengthy discussion in which I have slightly disagreed with DVC's comments. In a nutshell, I grew tired of "The NRA is bad so therefore the NFC will be bad."

And I continue to believe we should all give this new outfit a fighting chance. Enough speculation without concrete facts.

We must all work toward our common goal.

Oh, by the way, the NFC Bylaws are available at http://www.nvfac.org/documents-and-papers.html but I don't know if you must be a logged in member to view.

wrightme

I assumed nothing
Yes, you did.
DTOM said:
You keep saying,
To ask them. Yes, I do.
DTOM said:
If Larry is Mentioned in the by-laws, that would be up to them to produce (as they should prior to asking for money)
OR, ask him/them, so you don't assume.
Best to ASK them. Like I have repeated several times, as it seems it doesn't get done. But, asking them would clear up much of what is being passed out here.

28kfps

My $.02 is when the politicians are caught up in gun issues there is only one organization that is talked about to be a threat and that has been the NRA. I am of the opinion the only reason we do have what little rights we have is because of the NRA. Yes, some for their actions over the years has really pissed me off. With that said, I have belonged to the NRA since the mid 60s and a life member.

I was not going to jump in with my NRA opinion. NRA has made some real bonehead moves over the past years and I can understand the dislike and who cares about my opinion anyways; nor am I taken sides on this string however, the best fuel for the anti gunners would be to see the pro gun advocates starting to battle each other. Discussions, debates, sharing opinions and disagreements is obviously going to happen however, we do not want to show weakness or splintering of support among gun supporters.

DVC

All YOU see, is "NRA is bad," so NFC can't be good.

Wrong twice.

I don't see the NRA as being bad (usually), they just aren't as good as they claim to be.

If NFC consistently does good things, they are good. This is a good start. What they do next (and next, and next) will show us the overall trend.

You refuse to even acknowledge that they are headed in the directions you did say you want to see,

Were you public schooled? I can find no other explanation for your failure to understand that the phrase "the NFC is actually trying to get something done" is the acknowledgement that you claim I refuse to give. Admittedly, I am surprised, but I'll take surprises like this all day long.

Well, you DID acknowledge what NFC was doing....after sticking your foot in your mouth about Lee

I brought up a point that I wanted others to consider. If you want to condemn me because you missed it, that's your problem, not mine.

DVC

I assumed nothing, I did my research so you would not be rude to me like Larry was to DVC.

For the record, I didn't consider varminter's comments to be rude. He and I disagree about things, but I see only open sparring, not rudeness. I also hope I'm not coming across as rude.

I consider varminter to be an ally in the big battle -- we are arguing about how it should be waged and whether his new club is an effective tool to be counted on or not.

DVC

My $.02 is when the politicians are caught up in gun issues there is only one organization that is talked about to be a threat and that has been the NRA. I am of the opinion the only reason we do have what little rights we have is because of the NRA.

The NRA is "talked about to be a threat" by the mainstream media.

The same mainstream media that thinks that we shouldn't have guns, that paints us all as ignorant drunken rednecks who are looking for a place and time to snap and become mass murderers, is telling the world how afraid they are of the NRA, but refusing to admit that the SAF, SAS, JAFO, GOA etc even exist.

I can hear them pleading "Oh, don't throw me in that NRA briar patch!!!"