• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NVFC Members and State Sen. John Lee met with NLV officials

The Big Guy

Tread makes a very good point in that NRA was nowhere to be seen when I was fighting City Hall, even though as a lifetime member of Nearly 35 years I asked them. All I asked was for them to write a damn letter. Did they even answer me? No! The only help and encouragement I got was from GOA. The Jewish firearms group answered my call for help but were unable to because of loss of their leadership.

When NRA began pushing for Conceal permits it angered me as I don't believe in permission slips. I thought they should have been working for Constitutional carry. I almost resigned my membership over it. Unfortunately I view them as necessary at the moment because they have the biggest bat in the gun rights group and once in a while they do something right.

TBG

wrightme

Whether a group is "gun rights" or not, isn't a question as to whether they match YOUR specific desires.

Members of ANY organization have a voice in that organization. Non-members do not.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Whether a group is "gun rights" or not, isn't a question as to whether they match YOUR specific desires.

So are you telling us that the NFC is a gun rights organization? If so why have training, competions and all the other stuff that is readily available in the State? does that not take away from rights? Isnt that the model for the NRA? they have training and all the other stuff.

Members of ANY organization have a voice in that organization. Non-members do not.

If I send in money, will that get my questions answered that have been ignored?

varminter22

So are you telling us that the NFC is a gun rights organization? If so why have training, competions and all the other stuff that is readily available in the State? does that not take away from rights? Isnt that the model for the NRA? they have training and all the other stuff.

I still don't quite understand.

Yes, the NFC is a gun rights organization. What would make one think otherwise?

What is wrong with having other aspects, such as competitions, etc?

What questions have been ignored? Have you sent questions to NFC?

wrightme

So, you just want to redefine the terms to fit your preconceived notion? It is more legitimate to stick to existing definitions, and see if the examples fit the definitions that are in place.
Are you attempting to claim that if a group offers training courses, they no longer can call themselves a "gun rights organization?" The SFA offers training courses, and has been active FOR gun rights in the Nevada Legislature. Are they not a gun rights org because they offer training, or do they have to stop offering classes to keep that title?

DTOM said:
As noted, what questions do you feel have been ignored, and what mechanism did you use to send them?

If you are speaking of the NFC, I sent one question to them, using the contact form on the website. I got notification that the question was sent, then a response to my question.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Tread makes a very good point in that NRA was nowhere to be seen when I was fighting City Hall, even though as a lifetime member of Nearly 35 years I asked them. All I asked was for them to write a damn letter. Did they even answer me? No! The only help and encouragement I got was from GOA. The Jewish firearms group answered my call for help but were unable to because of loss of their leadership.

When NRA began pushing for Conceal permits it angered me as I don't believe in permission slips. I thought they should have been working for Constitutional carry. I almost resigned my membership over it. Unfortunately I view them as necessary at the moment because they have the biggest bat in the gun rights group and once in a while they do something right.

TBG

Thanks, I truly believe that is why it is We The People, not we the ORG.

The Big Guy

Both Tread and Varminter are correct. It is correct that we have the chance at least to make changes from the inside. Sometimes it is very difficult but not impossible. We individuals and small groups have made changes without big organizations behind us, so we can make changes within the NRA if we go at it with the same vigor we go after the government. The NRA is not responsive to its membership and the membership is not always happy about the sometimes anti-productive stands the organization takes. (You know that the NRA has its own constitution too.)

The NRA is a huge unwieldy entity and change comes hard. As an organization sometimes they interfere more than they help. Think about this. Everybody, governments, media and the population as a whole believe that the NRA is the 600 lb. gorilla. That works to our advantage. The mere presence of the NRA as a threat is useful in running interference for us who get out and do the real work. You can believe that every time we contact government about firearms issues, the first thing that runs through their head is NRA.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I am further confused.

Of course "We the People" is hugely important! And "grassroots" activism is hugely important.

But organizations are also important.

I take criticism for my Activism, and "keep on truckin" If I was to start an Org. I would take peoples "fears and concerns" to task witht the ORG, not the people who have been down the road. I you and wrightme think we are voicing made up concerns, I say call usd on it.

wrightme

I take criticism for my Activism, and "keep on truckin" If I was to start an Org. I would take peoples "fears and concerns" to task witht the ORG, not the people who have been down the road. I you and wrightme think we are voicing made up concerns, I say call usd on it.

What? Now your words are even MORE confusing than before.... :eek:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Wow, Just Wow!

Is this the same group who had a civil meeting a few weeks ago that I was able to witness and participate in? I hate to be a butt- in-ski but PLEASE assume a positive intent.

And I do agree that the NRA is not a strong as it COULD be with Open carry, but it is after all a National RIFLE Association. And the point is well taken by this particular LIFE member of both the NRA and GOA that the only way to change the voice is from within!

I am now off my soapbox.

And to those who have made the effort to TRY to convince NLV to quit enforcing an unenforceable and preempted law that they have on the books--- I thank you!

Last edited:

varminter22

Now I'm more confused.

Who or what is 'usd'?

I am not accusing anyone of voicing 'made up' concerns. But at this point I'm not sure what we're talking about.

Please feel free to email me with specifics. And/or email NFC.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Now I'm more confused.

Who or what is 'usd'?

I apologize for my typing, I meant "us" I smashed the pinky finger on my left hand flat, and have had particulary odd words being typed on that end of the keyboard, as very little of the feeling has come back.
I will try to check over my words better as to not waste anyones time.

I am not accusing anyone of voicing 'made up' concerns. But at this point I'm not sure what we're talking about.

I too have been struggling with the PM's that you have sent. It has not helped in clearing up your stance.

Please feel free to email me with specifics. And/or email NFC.

I believe I am done asking questions of the NFC. As I was telling the guys at the Clark County protest, I once was Pushing for Guerrilla Lawfare to become a Corp. sponser Of the NFC. (It still is up before the board) but this going back and forth has not been healthy, and it has taken my position, from being the member to initiate the action at the next meeting, to most certainly voting against it. I look forward to talking with you on OTHER issues.