Thread: Bies authoring a bill to make 8 hours training mandatory

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Bies authoring a bill to make 8 hours training mandatory

Wtf!!

Do you have a link?

I'm good. I have hundreds of thousands of hours on first person shooters.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    i thought everything was a done deal, set in stone, and written. something tells me this guy is going to profit somehow from this.

He's former cop. Likely believes cops are the "well regulated militia." He doesn't deserve a NRA rating above "C." He's no friend.
    Last edited by Flipper; 10-06-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

One of the measure’s supporters, Assembly Republican Garey Bies of Sister Bay, said h

One of the measure’s supporters, Assembly Republican Garey Bies of Sister Bay, said he’ll introduce a bill that requires at least eight hours of gun training.

http://www.rivertowns.net/event/article/id/234020/

A Republican.

Anyone still think BOTH parties aren't the problem?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

By the time any such bill could possibly be even voted on, most of us will already have our permits. After it's introduced, a proposed bill needs to get circulated for co-sponsors, assigned to committee, public hearings scheduled and held, voted on by committee and IF passed there, sent to full Assembly for scheduling, brought to the floor and debated, voted on, and IF passed there... sent to Senate, put on the schedule, brought to the floor, debated, then voted on, and IF passed there... sent to the Governor for signature. IF signed, sent to DOJ to have "administrative rules" written (we can all see how fast this stuff moves through this process before it actually "hits the streets").

He'll introduce it later this month? WTF? Permit applications will begin to be accepted the 1st day of next month. There's no training requirement in Act 35 for renewal 5 years from now. If you get a permit before this nonsense becomes a law (IF it becomes a law) you'll not be effected by it.... so what's the point? An 8 hour training class requirement is exactly what Rep. Peter Barka (D) had in a proposed amendment to SB93 in the Assembly, and it failed to pass. It was rumored that a Repub (Sen. Van Wanggard, also ex-LEO) was going to introduce such an amendment in the Senate too... but he knew it didn't have enough support and he backed off. Why would Rep. Bies think he can do something now, literally at the last minute?
    Last edited by safcrkr; 10-06-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Someone very wise, here, said "There ain't a lickspittle difference between demo and repug."

Gun control is about control only.

Express to this Bias-jerk what are the chances of a vote for him or for any repugnican.

By the time any such bill could possibly be even voted on, most of us will already have our permits. After it's introduced, a proposed bill needs to get circulated for co-sponsors, assigned to committee, public hearings scheduled and held, voted on by committee and IF passed there, sent to full Assembly for scheduling, brought to the floor and debated, voted on, and IF passed there... sent to Senate, put on the schedule, brought to the floor, debated, then voted on, and IF passed there... sent to the Governor for signature. IF signed, sent to DOJ to have "administrative rules" written (we can all see how fast this stuff moves through this process before it actually "hits the streets").

He'll introduce it later this month? WTF? Permit applications will begin to be accepted the 1st day of next month. There's no training requirement in Act 35 for renewal 5 years from now. If you get a permit before this nonsense becomes a law (IF it becomes a law) you'll not be effected by it.... so what's the point? An 8 hour training class requirement is exactly what Rep. Peter Barka (D) had in a proposed amendment to SB93 in the Assembly, and it failed to pass. It was rumored that a Repub (Sen. Van Wanggard, also ex-LEO) was going to introduce such an amendment in the Senate too... but he knew it didn't have enough support and he backed off. Why would Rep. Bies think he can do something now, literally at the last minute?
    Pretty much this...^^^^^^^

I a thinking that No Way- Now How will anything like this make it far enought to actually become law....

If the DOJ or any other Rep. is successfull in seriously changing or adding new crap like this then I have made the decision (literally) to tell them to take their permit and roll it up ito a tight little tube and stick it up their pee hole.. (I am thinking a whole lot more painfull than where the sun don't shine).. I know, I know, the sun don't shine on the pee hole either...

What I am saying is that I have already had enough crap with the application / permit requirement over Constitutional Carry, and having to wait 4 months to be able to open carry loaded in a vehicle (not to mention the crap surrounding that issue) if any other "bad" changes are madr then I will opt out of the permit and take my chances open carrying under the new 167.31 statute and AVOID school zones....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Someone very wise, here, said "There ain't a lickspittle difference between demo and repug."

Express to this Bias-jerk what are the chances of a vote for him or for any repugnican.
    at least he was not doing this, like this Elected Rep was introducing in Washington DC......Holy God we are so F-ed !!!!

you have to watch this > http://youtu.be/KaztexKNf_o
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    at least he was not doing this, like this Elected Rep was introducing in Washington DC......Holy God we are so F-ed !!!!

classified..............classified................ ....flesh eating.............ZOMBIES! I KNEW IT!.................classified................clas sified

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    classified..............classified................ ....flesh eating.............ZOMBIES! I KNEW IT!.................classified................clas sified
    then if things get so bad..classified .....and the Air Force...classified......irradiation.....classifies ....... WOW..that's scares me BIG TIME
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX
    then if things get so bad..classified .....and the Air Force...classified......irradiation.....classifies ....... WOW..that's scares me BIG TIME
    we shouldnt give them ideas, next thing you'll see is VanHollen and the DOJ support training for a period of (classified) for (classified) so the (classified) will meet the minimum (classified) period to be issued a (classified).

sincerely,
    (classified)

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    You forgot
    <pause> Oh, Jesus! <pause> "That's classified."
    I've contacted my elected representatives (House and Senate) and am urging them to vote FOR this bill. Even if it's currently classified I'm sure it contains funds for "Burn it! It's the only way to be sure," and "Lift off and nuke it from orbit" somewhere in there.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I also learned that Ming is sending the moon down to destroy the earth

nm, already been outed.
    Last edited by trailblazer2003; 10-06-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    A Republican.

Anyone still think BOTH parties aren't the problem?
    Hell we have people in the pro gun movement that are the problem.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post

Thinking long term....it would effect many people down the road. "kill" it now before it even gets out of the box.
    States don’t have rights. People do.

Centurion

Not Democrats and Republicans: It is Progressives and Constitutionalists

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post

There used to be a few Constitutionalists in the Democrat party, but they are pretty much extinct. There are quite a few Constitutionalists in the Republican party. You have to look deeper than the party label, though it is a decent indicator. The Progressives of both parties have caused incredible harm to the Constitution over the last 100 years.

As mentioned Bies is a former Chief Deputy. He was pushing this crap during the hearings on Act 35. It is because of him that competition shooting was dropped as a exemption to training. Conservative guy for the most part but, like most cops, can't get it through his head that armed citizens don't do what cops do and therefore don't need the same training.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    That's a funny video. Would be scary if it were true.

Anyone notice the logo for 'The Onion' down in the corner? Instead of like C-Span or something, it is 'onion'-Span. Brought to by the same people who authored articles such as "Members of Twisted Sister Now Willing To Take It" http://www.theonion.com/articles/mem...-take-it,6374/

And here is their link to the same video... http://www.theonion.com/video/propos...t-flesh,14175/

I hope their is a grass roots campaign in Door County next time around to oust this traitor. What a joke this guy is! How can people get elected under the guise of being a conservative republican, then go and pull this sh*t?? This is really sickening to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    There used to be a few Constitutionalists in the Democrat party, but they are pretty much extinct. There are quite a few Constitutionalists in the Republican party. You have to look deeper than the party label, though it is a decent indicator. The Progressives of both parties have caused incredible harm to the Constitution over the last 100 years.
    Amen to that, Sir.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlifter View Post
    I hope their is a grass roots campaign in Door County next time around to oust this traitor. What a joke this guy is! How can people get elected under the guise of being a conservative republican, then go and pull this sh*t?? This is really sickening to hear.
    Both the left and right extremes of this two party democracy will accuse any grassroots of being astro-turf.

Have them look at the State of Washington. No training requirements, never have been...are we a bad state? The stats don't show any statistical difference between us and any other state that requires "training" on accidental/neglegent discharge or knowledge of the law.