Thread: Virginia General Assembly leadership voting record

Virginia General Assembly leadership voting record

Hoping someone knows this off the top of their head.

Are there on-line records revealing the votes of Senators and Delegates for their respective leadership positions?

In other words, can I find a web page that will tell me which Senators voted for Saslaw as Majority Leader?

TFred

Project Vote Smart

Yes, such a thing exists. I only learned about it recently. Here is a link to VA's section:

http://www.votesmart.org/election_st...go2.y=13&dist=

~Goz
    "Hear reason, or she'll make you feel her." -Benjamin Franklin
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by G0Z View Post
    Yes, such a thing exists. I only learned about it recently. Here is a link to VA's section:

http://www.votesmart.org/election_st...go2.y=13&dist=

~Goz
    "Hear reason, or she'll make you feel her." -Benjamin Franklin
    Thanks, that's helpful, but it covers votes on legislation. I'm looking for a record of how they voted on their leadership positions. I guess I'm going to have to dig through LIS and see if there's anything in there.

TFred

I just spent half an hour looking. Even Google is failing me....
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Correction

Oh, and then I saw you were asking about the Majority Leader. I'm pretty sure those are voted in the party caucus behind closed doors. When its all said and done, the party caucus will emerge with a unanimous vote.

Short answer, the Democrats.

Cheers,
    ~G0Z

"Cliches about supporting the troops are designed to distract from failed policies, policies promoted by powerful special interests that benefit from war, anything to steer the discussion away from the real reasons the war in Iraq will not end anytime soon." -Ron Paul
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by G0Z View Post
    Oh, and then I saw you were asking about the Majority Leader. I'm pretty sure those are voted in the party caucus behind closed doors. When its all said and done, the party caucus will emerge with a unanimous vote.

Short answer, the Democrats.

Cheers,
    ~G0Z
    Yep, I was just returning to post that I had found the answer, just as you said, the votes are done in the Caucus meeting, and are not on the record.

In very real terms, that means that even the most pro-gun Democrat is just as culpable for Saslaw as the most virulent anti-gun lunatic in the party.

TFred

Since you brought up Saslaw, this is what I sent to my Democrat State Senator;

"As I posted to the comments section of your web page I will casting my vote for you Republican Opponent. My vote is not for him either as I really dislike most of his very conservative ideas. My vote is against the Democrats who keep Saslaw in his leadership position and his anti-gun agenda. Since the Democrats control the State Senate and they keep putting Saslaw in as their Leader, I have to do everything in my power to keep Saslaw, and his anti-gun agenda, from keeping his Majority Leader Status. I'm sorry I have to vote against you because I think you have mostly done a good job. However, I find that the Democrat Senators keeping Saslaw in place, is not acceptable!"
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!