• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

University of Mary Washington - Whatever came of that?

Jonton

Haha...sorry 'bout that steve - although you did kinda ask for it. ya know, telling someone in a forum in which people fight for the right to carry...to...well, not carry :p

nonetheless - it seems that everyone is concerned about what the OP (me) 'should' or 'shouldn't' do, but my original question seems to have been of minimal concern amongst the shooting (no pun intended) of the man with the different opinion.

i -do- carry everywhere i can, particularly in areas where criminals are commonplace (for example: the town where i live, college campuses, etc). i'm not overly religious about it, but i do feel naked without it. i won't put up a huge fight in places where i know carry is highly prohibited or illegal, but if i can get a solid answer that carry IS legal in a place in which i'll be spending time, you bet your bottom dollar i'll be armed.

I appreciate everyone's concern, and steve, try not to shoot yourself in the foot in front of so many people next time :p

Badger Johnson

He's entitled to his opinion Badger! I don't happen to agree with it, but I wholeheartedly endorse his right to have it. I'm not sure why you're throwing stones. As I recall you won't OC because you're terrified of "Being taken down to the pavement".

You are harshly cruel, if accurate. Why oh why are you so snarky? Oh, wait, it is I who was being snarky. :dude:

Being an OC ***** doesn't mean I can't mock others, ya know...just sayin'.

Repeater

Will Virginia ever be Risk-Free?

Will the day ever come when OC in Virginia is Risk-Free and then the only risk is being confronted by bad guys?

mk4

^^^
if it ever comes, it'll be a great day!

TFred

Will the day ever come when OC in Virginia is Risk-Free and then the only risk is being confronted by bad guys?
Obviously the answer is no, simply because LEOs are human beings, who sometimes put their own agenda above their willingness to properly do the job. This is not unique to law enforcement. LEOs sometimes violate civil rights with or without OC being a factor. The problem is not based on OC, but on the human factor.

TFred