Thread: van hollan supports minimum requirements

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

van hollan supports minimum requirements

http://www.wkow.com/story/15634578/a...ed-carry-rules

MADISON (WKOW) -- Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen is defending the state Justice Department's concealed carry regulations.

The Justice Department is drafting rules to enact a new law that allows Wisconsin residents to carry concealed weapons. The National Rifle Association sent Van Hollen a letter Wednesday accusing the DOJ of going beyond the law's intent by imposing a minimum of four hours of training that must include hands-on practice.

Van Hollen says the law calls for training, but doesn't clearly define it. Rather than laying a curriculum, the agency decided that setting a minimum time requirement would deter judges from later dictating how much training is needed.

He says the agency won't create any other restrictions on training. Van Hollen says the NRA's assertion the agency will require hands-on practice is inaccurate.
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-06-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Well I'm sure it will take me over 4 hours to complete the MD online thing. So I'm good.

And just out of curiosity. If anything in that report is true then why is the DOJ's web site still blank?

It takes months to come up with "4 hours" for training?

****. I AM in the wrong business.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 10-06-2011 at 04:00 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    i got a bad feeling were about to have a railway inserted, i heard about the idea of 8 hours of training. while i love you guys dearly, 8 hours with you is going to be a long day. i hope we get beer and pretzels during it. maybe pizza, or MKE can make us some cookies, girls always make the best cookies!
    Last edited by McX; 10-06-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Well I'm sure it will take me over 4 hours to complete the MD online thing. So I'm good.
    I still would not bank in MD on-line only training. No "hands-on" required but the DOJ has stated face-to-face as a requirement.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I still would not bank in MD on-line only training. No "hands-on" required but the DOJ has stated face-to-face as a requirement.
    i'm sorry interceptor, this matter, and thread is now classified, i have fixed your post for you:

i still would not (classifed) only training, (classified) required, but the DOJ has (classified) as a (classified).

it's a matter of national security there dude.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i'm sorry interceptor, this matter, and thread is now classified, i have fixed your post for you:

i still would not (classifed) only training, (classified) required, but the DOJ has (classified) as a (classified).

it's a matter of national security there dude.

I've never had cookies made by a woman with a gun on her hip. That would be extra sweet!
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

hmmm...8 hours or training....lets see IF it says those 8 hrs have to be continuous and by the same person from the same training facility. Im guessing they WONT put that in htere...unless they read my post...

4 Hour Training Requirement

To my students:

Those of you who took my UT Concealed Firearm Permit Course, but have not yet applied for the UT permit, make a copy of our application bearing my seal, and send in the application to get your UT Permit (to have maximum reciprocity regardless of which states honor the WI permit). The UT CFP course is a minimum of 4 hours and the copy of your application bearing my signature and seal is proof of training. (Note that the seal contains my UT BCI Instructor Permit Number for WI to verify my status as a BCI Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor - and ALL BCI Certified Instructors must first either be current NRA Certified Pistol Instructors -or- current POST Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors). - And, a UT Permit gets you into MN; while it may take a while for MN to enter into reciprocity with WI (if at all).

Those of you who took NRA Basic Pistol from me, that is an 8-hour course and it seems to me that there is no way WI will not honor the NRA Basic Pistol Course as proof of training, particularly considering that all of you earned the NRA-Winchester Basic Practical Marksmanship Rocker (Even Mrs. Paul Fisher). You may use a copy of that Certificate to apply to apply for a Florida or Arizona CFP if you are so inclined.

Those of you who have received your UT CFP, that alone is proof of training under the SB-93 as amended (aka: AB-35). It also is good to go as proof of training if you wish to obtain a non-resident FL or AZ permit.

Carry on...

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

If they impose a "time limit" what are the chances that my certificate that states my training took place over 2 days is going to fly?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	certificate-blacked.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	7049