• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Van Hollen backs carry in the Capitol....But has no say in the matter

LaBomba

Van Hollen ... "surprised the NRA isn't grateful"

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...ons-legally-carried-in-capitol-131252734.html

Journal Sentinel 10/6
By Patrick Marley

Madison - Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen said Thursday he would be comfortable with allowing people to carry guns in the Capitol and other state buildings.

"I don't have a problem with it, but I'm not going to have a say in that," the Republican attorney general said in an interview.

"One of the oldest arguments out there is that the criminals - the ones who aren't entitled to have firearms - are carrying concealed already," he added. "They're the ones we're worried about, not the ones who are going to be abiding by the law."

DANGER: GAG HAZARD AHEAD

Van Hollen made his comments a day after the National Rifle Association disparaged him for how he was implementing the concealed weapons law. Van Hollen defended how he was handling the matter, saying he wanted to require those seeking permits to get at least four hours of training but that his agency would not dictate the curriculum for such classes.

"I'm a little surprised the NRA isn't grateful," Van Hollen said.

I warned you that you'd retch, now didn't I?

Last edited: