Thread: Greater Richmond, OC Breakfast 10/8/11

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Greater Richmond, OC Breakfast 10/8/11

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat. Oct. 8th 9:30 AM

American Diner

11001 Midlothian Tpke......(map)
    Richmond, VA 23235
    (804) 378-5145

Thought we'd try a change of pace this week-end. Food and service have always been good in my experience and they are "friendly". Coffee is good too.

They are in a strip shopping center just opposite The Koger Executive center on Midlothian Tpk.

We can talk about Peter Nap 'cause he'll be in the woods looking over his pin sights.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-07-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: fixed it
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

For the directionally challenged, it's on the side of Midlothian Turnpike going towards Richmond, as opposed to the side going away from Richmond. For the really directionally challenged who might be using Chippenham Parkway to get to Midlothian Turnpike, if you get to Chesterfield Town Center you need to turn around and go the other way. If you got on Midlo Tpk from Chippenham and went under the overpass you were going the wrong way - turn around, go to Chesterfield Town Center and then double back.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    For the directionally challenged, it's on the side of Midlothian Turnpike going towards Richmond, as opposed to the side going away from Richmond. For the really directionally challenged who might be using Chippenham Parkway to get to Midlothian Turnpike, if you get to Chesterfield Town Center you need to turn around and go the other way. If you got on Midlo Tpk from Chippenham and went under the overpass you were going the wrong way - turn around, go to Chesterfield Town Center and then double back.

stay safe.
    Fixed the map link in the OP.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I might be bringing someone new and I am planning on going to the range afterwards.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'll have to get the gossip Tuesday Guys.
    I'll be sticking 125 grain razor blades in furry woodland creatures.

Well, we met and had breakfast. Even the directionally challenged managed to find the place, and they did indeed bring a "new person" with them. Joe is a personable young man who apparently likes guns and shooting holes in paper (after-breakfast shooting trip confirmed that supposition). Now if he could just remedy that hormone imbalance issue he's living with*.

Of note, Doug did not show up to a Southside breakfast. Are you listening, Doug?

stay safe.

*Joe is awaiting an impending birth, which caused some adjustments in the after-eating shooting expedition.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Sorry I could not make it. Some feathered swamp creatures wanted to be my dinner. And succeeded.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Sorry I could not make it. Some feathered swamp creatures wanted to be my dinner. And succeeded.
    I can't hunt my ducks. I've been feeding them and that would be hunting over bait.....those pesky bears have been eating the ducks corn though. I told them to stop or they'd be in trouble.