• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What ever happened to constitutional carry?

paul@paul-fisher.com

I better things to do. I guess well just see who is right & who is wrong, huh.

Wow! Maybe you should shut the **** up and not post **** if you aren't going to follow the rules.

Here, I'll do it for you:

175.60 (9) (b) Within 21 days after receiving a completeapplication under sub. (7), the department shall do one of
the following:
1. Issue the license and promptly send the licensee his
or her license document by 1st class mail.
2. Deny the application, but only if sub. (3) (a), (b),
(c), (d), (e), (f), or (g) applies to the applicant. If the
department denies the application, the department shall
inform the applicant in writing, stating the reason and
factual basis for the denial.

Doesn't say business days like other laws, or excluding weekends or excluding holidays.

Last edited:
M

McX

Gentlemen!~Please! you are upsetting the zombies! i suspect that if the DOJ is inundated with applications, they will claim manpower limitations, and delays will happen. and like any other government entity, good luck trying to pressure them to do anything. Kinda like when i complained to the dept. of corrections regarding my pet felon failing to keep his court ordered agreement. their heads went up and down, and little else occurred on my behalf. Splitting hairs on the terms will be academic, as they are the ones who control, they are the ones who issue the permits.

Interceptor_Knight

Remember those are working days, not concurrent days..
45 days NOT 45 working days.

WISCONSIN’S NEW CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPON LAW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERSAUGUST 2, 2011
How long will it take to get a CCW license after I submit an application?[/]
For completed applications received between November 1 and December 1,
2011, DOJ shall issue or deny as soon as practicable and no longer than 45 days
after receiving an application. Wis. Act 35, § 100(2).
After December 1, 2011, DOJ must either issue a license or deny the license
application within 21 days of receiving the completed application. Wis. Stat.
§ 175.60(9)(b).
The above time limits do not apply to incomplete applications.

SECTION 100.0Nonstatutory provisions.
(2) Notwithstanding section 175.60 (9) (b) of the statutes,
as created by this act, beginning on the effective date
of this subsection and ending on the first day of the 5th
month beginning after the effective date of this subsection,
the department of justice shall, as soon as practicable
and without delay, but no longer than 45 days, after
receiving a complete application under section 175.60
(7) of the statutes, as created by this act, for a license to
carry a concealed weapon, do one of the following:
(a) Issue the license and promptly send the licensee
his or her license document by 1st class mail.
(b) Deny the application, but only if section 175.60
(3) (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), (f), or (g) of the statutes, as created
by this act, applies to the applicant. If the department
denies the application, the department shall inform the
applicant in writing, stating the reason and factual basis
for the denial.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
45 days NOT 45 working days.

ok, that's what it says, my bad ....too bad our AG say's he expects at least 100,000 + applications on the first day ON THE FIRST DAY ...does ANYONE HERE think they are all going to get their permits with-in 45+21 concurrent days ???? can we say 2 -4 month instant back log ?? they have what 12 people handling these permits , so regardless of what the law says....there is no way in hell they can process 100,000 + permits in that time frame, plus the 45,000 permits that people apply for on Nov 2nd & the 30,000 people apply for on Nov 3rd, etc, etc, etc.........

People can start applying for permits from DOJ on Nov. 1. Van Hollen says he expects at least 100,000 people to apply on the first day

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20111007/APC0101/110070509/1004&located=rss

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

ok, that's what it says, my bad ....too bad our AG say's he expects at least 100,000 + applications on the first day ON THE FIRST DAY ...does ANYONE HERE think they are all going to get their permits with-in 45+21 concurrent days ???? can we say 2 -4 month instant back log ?? they have what 12 people handling these permits , so regardless of what the law says....there is no way in hell they can process 100,000 + permits in that time frame, plus the 45,000 permits that people apply for on Nov 2nd & the 30,000 people apply for on Nov 3rd, etc, etc, etc.........

People can start applying for permits from DOJ on Nov. 1. Van Hollen says he expects at least 100,000 people to apply on the first day

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20111007/APC0101/110070509/1004&located=rss

If WI is like other states, 1% will apply so a total of around 50,000 people. I would doubt 100,000 day one.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
M

McX

Protias, i dont know what them fancy quigglies mean, but e pluribus byte me, you used to be so loveable, then you got that fancy new car......send me your gun too.

M

McX

Melon Lobby to you too! now there's a kid many should take an example from, invites me up to pick out a gun of my choice. probably feels a little guilt from the hearing loss i suffered when he blew that damn train horn in the building.

protias

Melon Lobby to you too! now there's a kid many should take an example from, invites me up to pick out a gun of my choice. probably feels a little guilt from the hearing loss i suffered when he blew that damn train horn in the building.

You should know that being so close to the tracks with do that. :p

Lurchiron

agreed
(sent from the Lincoln Bedroom- The White House)

i would comment further, but the secret service guy said my steak is burning on the grille in the Rose Garden.

ok, i'm back.....just a minute- secret service guy, where's the beer around here? *burp*, so anyway, i never sold out nothing. man the toilet paper is realy nice here. tonight i'm going bowling in the basement!

I wish I'd have known sooner, here's a Tribble; I hear hear that Wookies love them as an after-dinner snack... :)
View attachment 7059

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The only one trying, and failing, to be the internet tough guy is you. You are the only member here constantly threatening and attempting to bully others.

Gee Whiz you sure are original....Constantly threatening ?? if so I would be banned for this forum, right ????

& attempting to bully others..your the only one doing that, with your constant smug & cocky elitist replies.

if your trying to garner support..your doing a rather cruddy job..