Thread: Carrying in St. Louis County Parks

Carrying in St. Louis County Parks

I frequent a number of St. Louis County Parks I have noticed that there is the EVIL NO GUN sign's posted as you enter the park I have been under the assumption that since I have a CCW I am allowed to carry concealed but not open as St. Louis County has a ban on it.

Am i correct on this thinking?

I know that a few of the parks are pretty sketchy to go especially unarmed.I have never had any problems in my years going but with the hoodlum's these days you never know.

They do have park rangers that carry but obviously they are allowed to being law enforcement & on duty!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicworkman View Post
    I frequent a number of St. Louis County Parks I have noticed that there is the EVIL NO GUN sign's posted as you enter the park I have been under the assumption that since I have a CCW I am allowed to carry concealed but not open as St. Louis County has a ban on it.

Am i correct on this thinking?

I know that a few of the parks are pretty sketchy to go especially unarmed.I have never had any problems in my years going but with the hoodlum's these days you never know.

They do have park rangers that carry but obviously they are allowed to being law enforcement & on duty!
    St. Louis County does not ban open carry, if there is a sign it means no carry allowed. No carry in county parks period. St. Louis County only requires you to have permission on private property to open carry, it is legal on public property. That's not to say they won't stop, detain, disarm and berate you about open carry, telling you it needs to be covered. Open carry is regulated by each municipality so tread lightly and do your research.