• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in St. Louis County Parks

mechanicworkman

I frequent a number of St. Louis County Parks I have noticed that there is the EVIL NO GUN sign's posted as you enter the park I have been under the assumption that since I have a CCW I am allowed to carry concealed but not open as St. Louis County has a ban on it.

Am i correct on this thinking?

I know that a few of the parks are pretty sketchy to go especially unarmed.I have never had any problems in my years going but with the hoodlum's these days you never know.

They do have park rangers that carry but obviously they are allowed to being law enforcement & on duty!

xdmcompact

I frequent a number of St. Louis County Parks I have noticed that there is the EVIL NO GUN sign's posted as you enter the park I have been under the assumption that since I have a CCW I am allowed to carry concealed but not open as St. Louis County has a ban on it.

Am i correct on this thinking?

I know that a few of the parks are pretty sketchy to go especially unarmed.I have never had any problems in my years going but with the hoodlum's these days you never know.

They do have park rangers that carry but obviously they are allowed to being law enforcement & on duty!

St. Louis County does not ban open carry, if there is a sign it means no carry allowed. No carry in county parks period. St. Louis County only requires you to have permission on private property to open carry, it is legal on public property. That's not to say they won't stop, detain, disarm and berate you about open carry, telling you it needs to be covered. Open carry is regulated by each municipality so tread lightly and do your research.