• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visit your legislators office Nov. 1st

Peacekeeper

For those of us going to Madison on November 1st, how about stopping by your legislators offices and voice your opinions on castle / stand your ground legislation!

HandyHamlet

Can we all meet for pancakes and coffee first?

:)

Anyone have a good spot to meet up, hang out, and buff our conceal carry holsters before we confront the DOJ?

And why do I have a feeling when we get to the DOJ it will look like this...

20090702_Kodak_trashed01.jpg

GlockRDH

Im going to work on a meeting/breakfast/holster buffing location for that morning. As close to the DOJ as possible... Can you all give me an idea of what time you are getting to Madison? I have a few location ideas in mind...

MKEgal

I think I read somewhere that they open at 0800, but we should check to be sure.
If we're staging a photo op & meeting an official in person to hand over applications, they'll probably tell us.
When to arrive for breakfast? I hate to say it, but how about 0630? Gives us a bit over an hour to order, eat, pay & get to DOJ.
Personally, I'd prefer to eat afterwards.

HandyHamlet said:
Anyone have a good spot to meet up, hang out, and buff our conceal carry holsters before we confront the DOJ?
(If they're concealed, what does it matter how much they shine?)
So are we going to the actual DOJ: 17 W Main St., Madison, 53703
or to the AG's office, which is in the Capitol (across the street)?

I plugged the address into Google maps & asked it to show pancake restaurants nearby.
Other than an IHOP, which is a "(legal) gun-free" zone, these were closest:
Mickies Dairy Bar; 1511 Monroe St.; 1.5 mi W; (608) 256-9476
Original Pancake House; 518 River Place Dr.; 3.4 mi SE; (608) 222-1137

And why do I have a feeling when we get to the DOJ it will look like this...
Only if they keep refusing to follow the law.
If it has to go to lawsuits, they will metaphorically look like that,
and the careers of certain elected officials will too.

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

i would preffer to eat afterwards as well
mke the number i called and got the ok to drop off apps in person( talked to cyndi) is for the office in the risser building

Last edited: