Thread: Cleveland Vgrip

Cleveland Vgrip

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011...ers_go_do.html

A freind of mine from told me that they are also asking what kind of firearms they have. If that happened by me I would say none of your business.

and if you let them into your home they can look around and if they see anything they don't like they will pursue it.

"Why are you here?"

"Do you have a warrant?"

"Do you see the sand over there? Go pound it."

V-GRIP is the notion that if they look like they are talking to everybody the "don't snitch" folks will have a harder time knowing who snitched. And that if nothing else, once they get inside they can allege building code violations and come back to enforce inspections that pretty much allow non-LEO folks to paw through most of your house and report anything they think they saw, giving LEO enough to go get a search warrant.

"But, citizen, if you have nothing to hide why won't you let us come in and verify that you have nothing to hide?" :facepalm:

stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 10-07-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: farking typos
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

What is puzzling to me is why anyone in his/her right mind would a) talk to the police obviously on a fishing expedition and b) allow police to enter their home minus a search warrant. Methinks someone needs to point those folks toward some of the excellent advice found here and other places concerning dealing with the police.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    What is puzzling to me is why anyone in his/her right mind would a) talk to the police obviously on a fishing expedition and b) allow police to enter their home minus a search warrant. Methinks someone needs to point those folks toward some of the excellent advice found here and other places concerning dealing with the police.
    Because if they target the right neighborhoods the people are likely to not know better due to the public brainw...I mean edjumakation. So just the right words with a bit of verbal force (most likely of the passive agressive nature) and viola, people let you in!

I liked the replies that are already questioning "what next" when this either fails, or proves to be nothing more than a "numbers gathering" exercise.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatting View Post
    and if you let them into your home they can look around and if they see anything they don't like they will pursue it.
    Last time I let officers into my home it was in response to a complaint I made to them involving downstairs neighbors breaking the law.

"Sure! Come on in!" I was in the middle of moving, and it was messy as hell. They quickly determined I was merely peeved at the downstairs neighbors who were breaking the law.

The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.