• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleveland Vgrip

dmatting

and if you let them into your home they can look around and if they see anything they don't like they will pursue it.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"Why are you here?"

"Do you have a warrant?"

"Do you see the sand over there? Go pound it."

V-GRIP is the notion that if they look like they are talking to everybody the "don't snitch" folks will have a harder time knowing who snitched. And that if nothing else, once they get inside they can allege building code violations and come back to enforce inspections that pretty much allow non-LEO folks to paw through most of your house and report anything they think they saw, giving LEO enough to go get a search warrant.

"But, citizen, if you have nothing to hide why won't you let us come in and verify that you have nothing to hide?" :facepalm:

stay safe.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

What is puzzling to me is why anyone in his/her right mind would a) talk to the police obviously on a fishing expedition and b) allow police to enter their home minus a search warrant. Methinks someone needs to point those folks toward some of the excellent advice found here and other places concerning dealing with the police.

Aknazer

What is puzzling to me is why anyone in his/her right mind would a) talk to the police obviously on a fishing expedition and b) allow police to enter their home minus a search warrant. Methinks someone needs to point those folks toward some of the excellent advice found here and other places concerning dealing with the police.

Because if they target the right neighborhoods the people are likely to not know better due to the public brainw...I mean edjumakation. So just the right words with a bit of verbal force (most likely of the passive agressive nature) and viola, people let you in!

okboomer

I liked the replies that are already questioning "what next" when this either fails, or proves to be nothing more than a "numbers gathering" exercise.

since9

Campaign Veteran
and if you let them into your home they can look around and if they see anything they don't like they will pursue it.

Last time I let officers into my home it was in response to a complaint I made to them involving downstairs neighbors breaking the law.

"Sure! Come on in!" I was in the middle of moving, and it was messy as hell. They quickly determined I was merely peeved at the downstairs neighbors who were breaking the law.

:banghead: