• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Courthouse Carry, and the Rude LEO

since9

Campaign Veteran
I do wonder how judges end up with with the authority to make courthouse regulations that appear to clash with state law.

Simple. Appeals can cost twice as much as the original court case, and the one appealing the judge's decision foots the bill.

One solution might be to have the judge foot the bill if their decision is overturned in any manner by a higher court. I think that would constitute some serious incentive to get it right the first time. Fat chance of getting this into legislation, though. The gubbermint protects its own.