• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"The future of 2nd Amendment litigation OCTOBER 12TH at 4:15 and 5:00 pm.

Edward Peruta

To all who live in the Constitution State,

I have received word that the Quinnipiac Federalist Society will be hosting a very interesting event next Wednesday. For all of us who live in the Connecticut, this could be a very interesting discussion.

I wonder if any state or local officials will attend to expand their knowledge regarding the Second Amendment.

As an individual, I will make every attempt to attend and listen to what I believe could be a very interesting discussion.

I only hope that the main stream media has been made aware of this event and gives it the coverage it rightfully deserves.

HERE IS THE INFORMATION THAT I RECEIVED

The Quinnipiac Federalist Society will host Attorney Alan Gura on Wednesday October 12
[SUP]th[/SUP] in the faculty commons. A beer and wine reception will begin at 4:15 pm followed by Mr. Gura’s presentation at 5 pm.

Mr. Gura was instrumental in fighting to have the Supreme Court strike down the DC and Chicago handgun bans. Mr. Gura litigated both District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago in front of the Supreme Court, and he will discuss the future of 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment litigation.

Following Mr. Gura’s presentation Professor Stephen Gilles will provide commentary before a question and answer period.

Last edited: