Thread: OC/CC Transportation Misconception audio

Banned

OC/CC Transportation Misconception audio

Hogs In Ministry

There was a pistol shoot today, I thought it was next week. Anyways, the guy at the gas station told me it was today, so I went to see what it was all about.

They told me that the shooting was over, but I could go back there and shoot if I wanted to, so I did.

On the way out, I wanted to find out how to find the owners, to see if perhaps I could get permission to shoot there more often.

I asked these two gentlemen if they knew where the headquarters was, and one of them saw my hun as it is in the picture.

He claimed that it was being transported in violation of the law. He thought that getting a concealed pistol licence, (a CPL), meant that you HAD to conceal, even in a vehicle.

This is a common misconception, a CPL gives you the option, but not the obligation to conceal.

I tried to discuss it with him, but he took it as an argument, so I dropped it.

Hopefully, when I speak with Mark again, I can get permission to target shoot at this private range.

If so, I would like to discuss this subject with these two gentlemen in greater detail.

Until then,

Peace be with you, and be with your piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb8Sf8IwKdM
    Last edited by stainless1911; 10-08-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Added link

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Hogs In Ministry

There was a pistol shoot today, I thought it was next week. Anyways, the guy at the gas station told me it was today, so I went to see what it was all about.

They told me that the shooting was over, but I could go back there and shoot if I wanted to, so I did.

On the way out, I wanted to find out how to find the owners, to see if perhaps I could get permission to shoot there more often.

I asked these two gentlemen if they knew where the headquarters was, and one of them saw my hun as it is in the picture.

He claimed that it was being transported in violation of the law. He thought that getting a concealed pistol licence, (a CPL), meant that you HAD to conceal, even in a vehicle.

This is a common misconception, a CPL gives you the option, but not the obligation to conceal.

Hopefully, when I speak with Mark again, I can get permission to target shoot at this private range.

If so, I would like to discuss this subject with these two gentlemen in greater detail.

Until then,

God the ignorance out there is staggering. It's one thing if an average guy doesn't know the law, but a CPL instructor should know. Also these guys are way too arrogant in the assertion that they are right because they have taken classes. Pitiful.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Hogs In Ministry

I asked these two gentlemen if they knew where the headquarters was, and one of them saw my gun as it is in the picture.

Until then,

AS IN THE PICTURE, You mean you were pointing it at them?????
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Banned
    No, the picture on the youtube video. It was in the holster, which is what sparked the debate.

Hogs In Ministry
    "Oh my goodness sir!"
    "Please show me which statute that is, because I sure don't want to get in trouble!"

Then wait.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    lol.

I would have gotten an, "Im an NRA certified instructor, trust me'.

Whatever.

We need an infomercial. I was just on MGO and some guy from the Dubble inAction store was telling people all kinds of stuff like this.

Ugh. You did your best stainless...good job.

Banned
    ty

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Unhappy Wow, such fart smellers, they is....watch it or they'll ban you from the cement pond!

Wow. The key to being able to learn anything, is to know that you don't know everything, and build your knowledge base from there. For God's sake I hope the Truck Driver never ventures too far west, as he might just drive right off the edge of the World that he knows is flat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8fzs...eature=related
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Banned
    lots of people went too far west, and what happened?

Kalifornia happened.

This one is easy, Stainless1911. The law explicitly says a CPL holder can carry a pistol in a vehicle either CC or OC:

28.425c License; form; authorized conduct.
    Sec. 5c. (1) A license to carry a concealed pistol shall be in a form, with the same dimensions as a
    Michigan operator license, prescribed by the department of state police. The license shall contain all of the
    following:
    (a) The licensee's full name and date of birth.
    (b) A photograph and a physical description of the licensee.
    (c) A statement of the effective dates of the license.
    (d) An indication of exceptions authorized by this act applicable to the licensee.
    (e) An indication whether the license is a duplicate.
    (2) Subject to section 5o and except as otherwise provided by law, a license to carry a concealed pistol
    issued by the county concealed weapon licensing board authorizes the licensee to do all of the following:
    (a) Carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person anywhere in this state.
    (b) Carry a pistol in a vehicle, whether concealed or not concealed, anywhere in this state.
    History: Add. 2000, Act 381, Eff. July 1, 2001;Am. 2002, Act 719, Eff. July 1, 2003.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

lol.

I would have gotten an, "Im an NRA certified instructor, trust me'.

Whatever.

We need an infomercial. I was just on MGO and some guy from the Dubble inAction store was telling people all kinds of stuff like this.
    Double Action is one of the most anti-gun gun stores I have ever had the poor fortune of walking into. They have a poor way of doing anything they do, bad service zero product knowledge, zero law knowledge and zero sense.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Banned
    Thanks doc, I wasnt exactly sure of the cite.

It is now added to the video in a note, at the appropriate time.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    God the ignorance out there is staggering. It's one thing if an average guy doesn't know the law, but a CPL instructor should know. Also these guys are way too arrogant in the assertion that they are right because they have taken classes. Pitiful.
    That brings back memories of my cpl class and all the wrong stuff they told me like how you couldn't carry at a highway rest stop. I remember leaving the class scratching my head trying to figure out the rational of why you wouldn't be able to carry at a genuinely dangerous place. Luckily i started studying the laws on my own and eventually found this forum.

... I tried to discuss it with him, but he took it as an argument, so I dropped it....
    And so continues the misinformation, thanks for helping to reinforce his wrong idea.

Why is it that so many people can't simply say "How do you know that?" or "Show me in the law." or "I've read the law, you're wrong." or "I'll give you $1000 if you can prove it." or "You're full of ****"?

Personally, I like to take the "Ask Questions" approach, because when the person realizes that they don't have any real answers, they usually shut up.

Like this:
    How do you know that?
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that you've never read that in the laws?
    You're basing legal information on something that someone else heard someone else say?

Banned
    He wanted to end the conversation, it wasnt the time to argue. I hope to discuss it with him later, but without the law printed, and in hand, he wouldnt have believed it. He probably would have refused to read it if I did have it printed.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    He wanted to end the conversation, it wasnt the time to argue. I hope to discuss it with him later, but without the law printed, and in hand, he wouldnt have believed it. He probably would have refused to read it if I did have it printed.
    And even then they may read it and still say the law is wrong WTF? Oh wait I know a few judges that do that...never-mind.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    And even then they may read it and still say the law is wrong WTF? Oh wait I know a few judges that do that...never-mind.
    Whaaat!!!?????? Shut the front door! Say it ain't so VEN! You mean to say that people who study THE LAW can't READ it???? oh, no SIR! I don't believe it! I simply won't! I firmly believe that IF your a person who 1. Studied the law as a PROfession then 2. Decided to be a person who then JUDGED others on what they read SHOULD be able to 3. Comprehend 1. and 2.

Just sayin.....
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 10-17-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: emoticon added JIC
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

What is a hog in ministry? Preaching pigs?

Banned
    The name Hogs comes from Harley Davidson motorcycles.

http://www.h-i-m.org/
    Last edited by stainless1911; 10-17-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Hogs In Ministry

Until then,

When I took the CPL course back in 2005, one of the instructors said that if your firearm ever became exposed you were brandishing which was a felony. He was a retired Police Detective and “Knew” the law. He did state that if it was an accidental exposure like bending over you were probably safe. It’s just another example of people thinking they really know firearm laws. There are a lot of CPL instructors out there that “know” more about firearm laws then attorneys who specialize in this. My advice to anyone who carries a firearm is to personally research any statute before assuming some else’s interpretation.

Banned
    Agreed. Im so glad that I found this forum, Ive learned so much from you guys. Some of it the hard way I admit, but nevertheless, its appreciated.