• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC Transportation Misconception audio

budlight

Hogs In Ministry

There was a pistol shoot today, I thought it was next week. Anyways, the guy at the gas station told me it was today, so I went to see what it was all about.

They told me that the shooting was over, but I could go back there and shoot if I wanted to, so I did. :)

On the way out, I wanted to find out how to find the owners, to see if perhaps I could get permission to shoot there more often.

I asked these two gentlemen if they knew where the headquarters was, and one of them saw my hun as it is in the picture.

He claimed that it was being transported in violation of the law. He thought that getting a concealed pistol licence, (a CPL), meant that you HAD to conceal, even in a vehicle.

This is a common misconception, a CPL gives you the option, but not the obligation to conceal.

I tried to discuss it with him, but he took it as an argument, so I dropped it.

Hopefully, when I speak with Mark again, I can get permission to target shoot at this private range.

If so, I would like to discuss this subject with these two gentlemen in greater detail.

Until then,

Peace be with you, and be with your piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb8Sf8IwKdM

When I took the CPL course back in 2005, one of the instructors said that if your firearm ever became exposed you were brandishing which was a felony. He was a retired Police Detective and “Knew” the law. He did state that if it was an accidental exposure like bending over you were probably safe. It’s just another example of people thinking they really know firearm laws. There are a lot of CPL instructors out there that “know” more about firearm laws then attorneys who specialize in this. My advice to anyone who carries a firearm is to personally research any statute before assuming some else’s interpretation.