• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC Transportation Misconception audio

stainless1911

Banned
Hogs In Ministry

There was a pistol shoot today, I thought it was next week. Anyways, the guy at the gas station told me it was today, so I went to see what it was all about.

They told me that the shooting was over, but I could go back there and shoot if I wanted to, so I did. :)

On the way out, I wanted to find out how to find the owners, to see if perhaps I could get permission to shoot there more often.

I asked these two gentlemen if they knew where the headquarters was, and one of them saw my hun as it is in the picture.

He claimed that it was being transported in violation of the law. He thought that getting a concealed pistol licence, (a CPL), meant that you HAD to conceal, even in a vehicle.

This is a common misconception, a CPL gives you the option, but not the obligation to conceal.

I tried to discuss it with him, but he took it as an argument, so I dropped it.

Hopefully, when I speak with Mark again, I can get permission to target shoot at this private range.

If so, I would like to discuss this subject with these two gentlemen in greater detail.

Until then,

Peace be with you, and be with your piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb8Sf8IwKdM

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Hogs In Ministry

There was a pistol shoot today, I thought it was next week. Anyways, the guy at the gas station told me it was today, so I went to see what it was all about.

They told me that the shooting was over, but I could go back there and shoot if I wanted to, so I did. :)

On the way out, I wanted to find out how to find the owners, to see if perhaps I could get permission to shoot there more often.

I asked these two gentlemen if they knew where the headquarters was, and one of them saw my hun as it is in the picture.

He claimed that it was being transported in violation of the law. He thought that getting a concealed pistol licence, (a CPL), meant that you HAD to conceal, even in a vehicle.

This is a common misconception, a CPL gives you the option, but not the obligation to conceal.

Hopefully, when I speak with Mark again, I can get permission to target shoot at this private range.

If so, I would like to discuss this subject with these two gentlemen in greater detail.

Until then,

God the ignorance out there is staggering. It's one thing if an average guy doesn't know the law, but a CPL instructor should know. Also these guys are way too arrogant in the assertion that they are right because they have taken classes. Pitiful.

Onnie

Hogs In Ministry

I asked these two gentlemen if they knew where the headquarters was, and one of them saw my gun as it is in the picture.

Until then,

AS IN THE PICTURE, You mean you were pointing it at them?????:mad:

wrightme

Hogs In Ministry

"Oh my goodness sir!" :eek:
"Please show me which statute that is, because I sure don't want to get in trouble!" :confused:

Then wait. :)

stainless1911

Banned
lol.

I would have gotten an, "Im an NRA certified instructor, trust me'.

Whatever.

We need an infomercial. I was just on MGO and some guy from the Dubble inAction store was telling people all kinds of stuff like this.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Wow, such fart smellers, they is....watch it or they'll ban you from the cement pond!

Wow. The key to being able to learn anything, is to know that you don't know everything, and build your knowledge base from there. For God's sake I hope the Truck Driver never ventures too far west, as he might just drive right off the edge of the World that he knows is flat. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8fzskghyig&feature=related

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
This one is easy, Stainless1911. The law explicitly says a CPL holder can carry a pistol in a vehicle either CC or OC:

28.425c License; form; authorized conduct.
Sec. 5c. (1) A license to carry a concealed pistol shall be in a form, with the same dimensions as a
Michigan operator license, prescribed by the department of state police. The license shall contain all of the
following:
(a) The licensee's full name and date of birth.
(b) A photograph and a physical description of the licensee.
(c) A statement of the effective dates of the license.
(d) An indication of exceptions authorized by this act applicable to the licensee.
(e) An indication whether the license is a duplicate.
(2) Subject to section 5o and except as otherwise provided by law, a license to carry a concealed pistol
issued by the county concealed weapon licensing board authorizes the licensee to do all of the following:
(a) Carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person anywhere in this state.
(b) Carry a pistol in a vehicle, whether concealed or not concealed, anywhere in this state.
History: Add. 2000, Act 381, Eff. July 1, 2001;Am. 2002, Act 719, Eff. July 1, 2003.

NHCGRPR45

lol.

I would have gotten an, "Im an NRA certified instructor, trust me'.

Whatever.

We need an infomercial. I was just on MGO and some guy from the Dubble inAction store was telling people all kinds of stuff like this.

Double Action is one of the most anti-gun gun stores I have ever had the poor fortune of walking into. They have a poor way of doing anything they do, bad service zero product knowledge, zero law knowledge and zero sense.

Michigun

God the ignorance out there is staggering. It's one thing if an average guy doesn't know the law, but a CPL instructor should know. Also these guys are way too arrogant in the assertion that they are right because they have taken classes. Pitiful.
That brings back memories of my cpl class and all the wrong stuff they told me like how you couldn't carry at a highway rest stop. I remember leaving the class scratching my head trying to figure out the rational of why you wouldn't be able to carry at a genuinely dangerous place. Luckily i started studying the laws on my own and eventually found this forum.

Fishous

... I tried to discuss it with him, but he took it as an argument, so I dropped it....

And so continues the misinformation, thanks for helping to reinforce his wrong idea.

Why is it that so many people can't simply say "How do you know that?" or "Show me in the law." or "I've read the law, you're wrong." or "I'll give you $1000 if you can prove it." or "You're full of ****"?

Personally, I like to take the "Ask Questions" approach, because when the person realizes that they don't have any real answers, they usually shut up.

Like this:
How do you know that?
So correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that you've never read that in the laws?
You're basing legal information on something that someone else heard someone else say?

stainless1911

Banned
He wanted to end the conversation, it wasnt the time to argue. I hope to discuss it with him later, but without the law printed, and in hand, he wouldnt have believed it. He probably would have refused to read it if I did have it printed.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
He wanted to end the conversation, it wasnt the time to argue. I hope to discuss it with him later, but without the law printed, and in hand, he wouldnt have believed it. He probably would have refused to read it if I did have it printed.

And even then they may read it and still say the law is wrong WTF? Oh wait I know a few judges that do that...never-mind.

NHCGRPR45

And even then they may read it and still say the law is wrong WTF? Oh wait I know a few judges that do that...never-mind.

Whaaat!!!?????? Shut the front door! Say it ain't so VEN! You mean to say that people who study THE LAW can't READ it???? oh, no SIR! I don't believe it! I simply won't! I firmly believe that IF your a person who 1. Studied the law as a PROfession then 2. Decided to be a person who then JUDGED others on what they read SHOULD be able to 3. Comprehend 1. and 2. :rolleyes:

Just sayin.....

Last edited: