• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eugene Open Carry Video. Offensive and Awesome

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
that cop seemed like the kind of person who got picked on in high school....just his demeanor and frail/pale body.

MilProGuy

It was an interesting video encounter with law enforcement.

Early on in the video, the gentleman stated that he didn't purposefully go downtown to stage this...but just before the police officers came up and called out to the man, he was rambling on about how some of his friends didn't really believe he open carried around town.

Just sayin'...it appeared that he accomplished just what he set out to do.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
That was nicely handled. The cops were fishing a bit, but everyone stayed polite. The cops knew their limit and didn't cross it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If nothing else, I see an activist educating the local constabulary.
icon14.png

FMCDH

I give him thumbs up.

He did a great job staying assertive yet not confrontational.

The concept that he felt he had to "prove" something to his friends seems a bit juvenile however.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I give him thumbs up.

He did a great job staying assertive yet not confrontational.

The concept that he felt he had to "prove" something to his friends seems a bit juvenile however.

Not necessarily so.

I've invited numerous people to have lunch with me, attend OC breakfasts and dinners - to see us/me interact with the public.

Consider it a teaching/educational opportunity of the 1st degree.

While I never have videoed myself, I have been part and party to being video recorded by others. :D

TheHossUSMC

I went down there to film a new series of stories that people keep asking me to tell. While I was walking down the street I remembered that one of my friends on youtube had said that They didn't believe that I open carry every day, and that people freaked out when I did. Seems stupid in hindsight, but my intention was to film the reactions of people walking by.