• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Applebee's Pasco, WA

Freedom First

My whole Fam Damily enjoyed the meal. View attachment 7102

If it is not raining, we are thinking of going to owens road around 3:30, 4 - 5 somewhere in there. If anyone is interested, give me a call, you have my number. Maybe sometime if Jayd ever shows back up on here we can get him to open up the TCSA, Anyway the would be cool to have some different ideas for targets. I have my .22 gongs. My daughter loved shooting Freedoms water balloons.

What day?

Freedom First

I get off work Fri at 3:30pm I wont know till tomorrow what my schedule is for next Sunday on.

Well, I don't know what they are going to subject me to at work until each day is over... Let's look at the weekend since any PM is bad news with four little kids. More to follow.

Lovenox

FYI - IN Washington, Idaho & Oregon AppleBees are owned by a Franchise called Apple America who gets to set their own rules. Those rules are NO CARRY unless you are LEO. I have already fought this fight in Tacoma & Bonney Lake.

Looks like Brandon has made a change in policy, for the better.

So this is the exception AppleBess in WA?

WSUCougarAlum

FYI - IN Washington, Idaho & Oregon AppleBees are owned by a Franchise called Apple America who gets to set their own rules. Those rules are NO CARRY unless you are LEO. I have already fought this fight in Tacoma & Bonney Lake.

Looks like Brandon has made a change in policy, for the better.

So this is the exception AppleBess in WA?

Brandon represents Central Washington, he may very well be the Regional Manager Representing WA, ID, and OR. He is sending me something in the mail and I will review it when it comes. I will have a meal at the Kennewick, Richland Applebee's as well. Next time I am on the West Side I will OC my Five-Seven too. Updates to come; always a good time at the Applebee's!

Badger Johnson

Though you seemed to have handled it admirably, I'd advise something like this:

(Person comes over to ask if you are LEO)

You: "What right do you have to ask me that?"
Him: "Corporate policy, (yada-yada)
You: "You might want to speak to Brandon Palmer. He is the Regional Manager of Applebee's here in Central Washington. I'll be letting him know you are CONTINUING to harass lawful customers, and will be filing a formal complaint if you persist. Come back when you've spoken to Brandon, here's his number".

IOW do NOT answer his questions. He has NO right to ask you your occupation.

----
IMO, and I'm just being an advocate, since I never have to answer these questions, you are teaching people to invade your privacy here by answering you are not LEO. The BEST method is to ask a question, this puts the ball in their court and they have to respond to you. If you are engaged in answering their questions, they can put you in unfavorable light. After asking a question, you should move off if you're sure of policy. One needs to teach them that they get nowhere doing this. They can't insist you start obeying their unlawful instructions, ISTM, if you deflect LEO questions not to suggest you are LEO but that it's none of their business what you do. If they persist, I'd leave my groceries and walk out or if a restaurant, ask for a refund and leave. Always run your recorders, it's your only defense if the manager tries to dissemble. Hanging around just gives people time to pile on, which depending on your overall plan, may be a good or bad thing.

$.02
I presume you had your recorder running? No? Tch. :)

Last edited:

WSUCougarAlum

I respect and understand your viewpoint. I am the type of person that retains counsel when my rights are violated. I know we live in a letigace society, and I do not want support that blindly. I just pick and choose my moments. I feel answering questions with another question is best left to the coy bar encounter. Conflict is a good thing; Candor is my tenure. Check this book out.

Badger Johnson

I respect and understand your viewpoint. I am the type of person that retains counsel when my rights are violated. I know we live in a letigace society, and I do not want support that blindly. I just pick and choose my moments. I feel answering questions with another question is best left to the coy bar encounter. Conflict is a good thing; Candor is my tenure.

Thanks, I'll check out the book.

On the subject of conflict, it seems to me you were not effectual since she argued with you for over 6 minutes and you didn't convince her. To me, that's wasting your time. Maybe you have time to badinage, but maybe you need better debate skills, or need to learn how to end pointless dialog?

I still had my empty holster on my hip and either a server, or manager, came over and harassed me for 6 minutes as to whether I had a "gun in my pocket." I replied no several times, but she kept asking. The conversation escalated from there; she would not let up.

Can you explain the 'Candor is my tenure' comment. It makes no sense to me. Also, if you're out there looking for conflict why are you not running a recorder? You're gonna get yourself into trouble by being ill prepared and you don't want that.

WSUCougarAlum

Thanks, I'll check out the book.

On the subject of conflict, it seems to me you were not effectual since she argued with you for over 6 minutes and you didn't convince her. To me, that's wasting your time. Maybe you have time to badinage, but maybe you need better debate skills, or need to learn how to end pointless dialog?

Can you explain the 'Candor is my tenure' comment. It makes no sense to me. Also, if you're out there looking for conflict why are you not running a recorder? You're gonna get yourself into trouble by being ill prepared and you don't want that.

It's very hard to articulate all of the dynamics of any situation, unless you were there to whiteness it. "Candor is my tenure" merely explains that I am matter of fact. "I do what I say and I say what I mean." In school you do not learn exclusively from proposed questions. You learn from a mix of challenge and defeat. That "6 minutes of time I wasted" enabled you and I to OC at Applebee's today and into tomorrow.

People, like you, can troll all you want. People like me will hopefully change our situation for the better; the right to carry.

carracer

Brandon represents Central Washington, he may very well be the Regional Manager Representing WA, ID, and OR. He is sending me something in the mail and I will review it when it comes. I will have a meal at the Kennewick, Richland Applebee's as well. Next time I am on the West Side I will OC my Five-Seven too. Updates to come; always a good time at the Applebee's!

Would you be able to post whatever it is that he is sending?

Jayd1981

Maybe sometime if Jayd ever shows back up on here we can get him to open up the TCSA,

I'm still around here occassionally. Actually been a bit sick for the past week or so. And dealing with life. The offer to open up the TCSA range for us is still valid. My days off are thur - sat. Freedom First has my cell phone number also I'll PM it to amzbrady, but anyone else interested feel free to PM me and we can coordinate something. I know Mark was wanting to try his hand at reloading, might be good timing to go to the range after that.

amzbrady

I'm still around here occassionally. Actually been a bit sick for the past week or so. And dealing with life. The offer to open up the TCSA range for us is still valid. My days off are thur - sat. Freedom First has my cell phone number also I'll PM it to amzbrady, but anyone else interested feel free to PM me and we can coordinate something. I know Mark was wanting to try his hand at reloading, might be good timing to go to the range after that.

I have this thurs off if and an appt at 2 pm so if anyone or anytwo or anymore want to get together for a shoot, that would be cool.

Freedom First

I don't think I will be able to make it. Just slammed at work right now. Had to sneak out to the range tonight on my way home. At 9pm... .45 Fireballs!

WSUCougarAlum

So I got a general apology card from Applebee's that contained two $10 gift certificates from that particular location. I thought it was a nice gesture, but a personal apology would have been suffice. Maybe I will make a call and ask for the Policy in writing.

Freedom First

It's better than a poke with a sharp stick... I'd just become a regular and see if they have changed their tune. I have too many kids and too few dollars to be eating out anywhere right now. Gotta buy ammo ya know...