• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

40 Fast and Furious weapons were found in Mexico cartel enforcer's home - LA Times

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-atf-guns-20111009,0,6431788.story?track=rss
Serrano said:
In all, 100 assault weapons acquired under Fast and Furious were transported 350 miles from Phoenix to El Paso, making that West Texas city a central hub for gun traffickers. Forty of the weapons made it across the border and into the arsenal of Jose Antonio Torres Marrufo, a feared cartel leader in Ciudad Juarez, according to federal court records and trace documents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Redbaron007

And this is a surprise?

Glad they recovered them before they were found at a deadly crime scene where a US citizen was murdered.

If more people in Washington know about this, I hope their heads will roll.

HandyHamlet

You of course mean "another US citizen" besides Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

And the only ones in Washington who don't know about this have been cryogenic sleep for a few decades...

Redbaron007

You of course mean "another US citizen" besides Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

And the only ones in Washington who don't know about this have been cryogenic sleep for a few decades...

Yep....sorry, poor selection of vernacular verbiage.