Thread: Printing question

Printing question

Hey guys, first post. I am getting a Sig P220 soon here, and I plan on just getting an OWB (SafariLand ALS concealment holster, to be specific), and I am planning to mostly OC it, but when I don't, I'm going to let my shirt hang over it, once I get my CCW permit of course. With that method, it'll most likely print. Will this be much of a problem? I imagine that it wouldn't since both CC and OC are allowed, but I would like to know. Thanks!

you should have no problems at all

Most folks will not even notice that you have a bulge under your shirt, let alone think OMGIT'SAGUN!!

I am probably one of the more paranoid folks still allowed to walk by myself, and with the proliferation of smart phones that are clipped to belts it is almost becoming difficult to tell the difference between a phone and a gun.

Besides, you aren't breaking any laws, are you? Why try to be furtive and bring attention to yourself? The WallyWorld Walk was "invented" to help folks get over that awkward feeling - you might want to try it for yourself. http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/texas-concealed-handgun-chl-sponsored-double-action-chl/11548-1st-time-concealed-carry-walmart-walk.html

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Seems all my shirts have shrunk a tad over the last few years, and printing is just not a big deal anymore with me! After all have you seen the people of Wal-Mart Power Pointís , my printing appears far less threatening.

Thanks for the responses, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Most folks will not even notice that you have a bulge under your shirt, let alone think OMGIT'SAGUN!!

I am probably one of the more paranoid folks still allowed to walk by myself, and with the proliferation of smart phones that are clipped to belts it is almost becoming difficult to tell the difference between a phone and a gun.

Besides, you aren't breaking any laws, are you? Why try to be furtive and bring attention to yourself? The WallyWorld Walk was "invented" to help folks get over that awkward feeling - you might want to try it for yourself. http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/texas-concealed-handgun-chl-sponsored-double-action-chl/11548-1st-time-concealed-carry-walmart-walk.html

stay safe.
    Lol, I've heard about the WallyWorld Walk and I am looking forward to it, despite my immense dislike for the place. And I just wanted to be sure no laws were being broken by printing. I've read of some places that must be one or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Seems all my shirts have shrunk a tad over the last few years, and printing is just not a big deal anymore with me! After all have you seen the people of Wal-Mart Power Pointís , my printing appears far less threatening.
    Sorry to hear about your shrinking shirts, man. It's that made in China stuff, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Kalashnikov View Post
    Sorry to hear about your shrinking shirts, man. It's that made in China stuff, isn't it?
    Yep! or I blame the wife for throwing it in the dryer.

I don't sweat printing when I CC. A few times I should have just OC'd I was printing so badly. I decided to wear a new shirt with an OWB holster one day. I did not realize that the material was so thin it would not drape over the gun. You could probably tell what gun I was carrying it was so bad. My wife and I walked into Chic-fil-a, and there were 6 NCSHP officers in the back. I had their undivided attention till they left, lol. Nobody said a word though.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I don't sweat printing when I CC. A few times I should have just OC'd I was printing so badly. I decided to wear a new shirt with an OWB holster one day. I did not realize that the material was so thin it would not drape over the gun. You could probably tell what gun I was carrying it was so bad. My wife and I walked into Chic-fil-a, and there were 6 NCSHP officers in the back. I had their undivided attention till they left, lol. Nobody said a word though.
    Haha, that's exactly what I want to hear. I just wanted to make sure that having some holster sticking out the bottom, or the grip poking out a little, wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Yep! or I blame the wife for throwing it in the dryer.
    Speaking from experience, it is the darkness of the closet...jus sayin!!

I guarantee you that your average Joe isn't even going to look at you, much less notice you have something poking your shirt out near your hip. We as humans tend to view ourselves ever so much more harshly than our fellow man/woman simply because we are completely aware of ourselves at all times. Think of it this way: when you pass someone on the street, in a store, at the DMV, etc., do you give them any more concern than a quick scan to assess their threat level to you? Didn't think so. The vast majority of people out there don't even do that much to you. They don't know you, so you're a non-entity. You're not actively threatening them, so they don't even consider you. They may briefly make eye contact with you, but if you watch carefully they'll usually look away as soon as they do. Only the rare exception will continue to stare at you if you do the same to them. It's a holdover from way back when dominance was a matter of life and death rather than who gets to be first in line.

TL;DR - Relax. No one's looking!

O wad some pow'r the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us... - Bobbie Burns
    The Dogs of War are nothing compared to the Cats