• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hopewell, Petersburg, Colonial Heights

Riverdance

Right here

Don't get to Petersburg much, but live in Prince George, spend most of my off time in Hopewell, and on the job I'm based out of Colonial Heights.

Feel free to contact at Dennis@vcdl.org

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO.

Richmond's West End may be a bit far from your neck of the woods, but tomorrow (10/11/2011) we are gathering for the monthly Richmond OC dinner. Check out the details at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Richmond-Area-October-OC-Dinner-10-11-at-7-pm .

We have an OC dinner every month and try to rotate between north and south of the James. There is also the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast on Saturdays (usually announced Friday afternoon). Look for it. You are welcome to show up at any and all of these gatherings. No need to RSVP as we will always find another seat at the table. Rules are you must either OC or CC or not carry at all as you desire, and you must like good folks and good conversation that might even include discussion about guns and gun-related stuff.

If Richmond is too far to travel, start something locally. Post where and when you will be doing something and invite folks to come join you. There are a few of us who are almost always willing to come out and swell a crowd - and not just for meals. There have been excursions into your AO for festivals in Colonial Heights and Hopewell. (Just never found anything in Petersburg yet to attract our attention.)

stay safe.

celticredneck

I live in the Southern end of Amelia County, about 20 minutes west of Petersburg. I bowl on Wednesday nights at Oaklawn Bowl in Hopewell and worked at the Hopewell Chemical plant for 27 years before I retired. I second the invitation to come on out to the Open carry dinners and meet everyone.